Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Less than 1000 XC40 build slots left...

Views : 3372

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 26th, 2018, 20:49   #21
Waggatron

I've been reading with interest the Delivery Date thread on the XC40 Forum.

It sounds like a right old mess Volvo UK have go themselves into with massively underestimating the demand.

Seems that if you where to order any XC40 variant now, you'd be lucky to take delivery this side of Christmas 2018 unless it was a cancelled order already with a confirmed build slot. The dealers must be cursing their luck....

So despite all the advertising on the TV and awards being won....you can't actually buy one unless you're able to stomach an 8 to 9 month delivery timeframe. Geeez...you could start a family in that timescale
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2018, 21:26   #22
senwar

I’m picking mine up tomorrow. But yes Volvo have made a real mess of this launch to be honest.

Mine is one of the first editions without headlight washers and 19” wheels as 20s we’re out of stock. Lease so not ‘as’ fussed but shouldn’t be like this.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2018, 09:41   #23
anotherv60
Master Member

In Volvo’s Defense, if this one model is selling over 50% of your previous combined vehicle sales it is going to cause you production issues, I doubt they predicted the demand to be this high! I bet they are having in issues with suppliers as they might not be able to source parts even if they could add another shift! That said I bet this is the problem they would like to have, I wouldn’t be surprised if they push back the launch of the s60 and v40 until the US plant is up and running.
The Following User Says Thank You to anotherv60 For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2018, 20:17   #24
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoBrunetti View Post
Please, Moderators, can you either create a new area for the XC40 or explain your reasons for not doing so. I'm sure running a forum isn't a piece of cake and there will be conflicting opinions on just about everything but it seems to me that there's a body of opinion in favour of a new area for the XC40 and its future siblings.
Sorry for the delay on this guys and girls .... Can someone confirm my naming is correct? I struggle with the MY's these days!

I'll set it up with the following name:

"V40 & XC40 '17> / V60 '16 > General"
"Forum for vehicles post 2016 based on the new SPA Platform"

but let me know any corrections and I'll get them in! Is the 2018 onwards V/XC40 a new platform to the 2012 onwards version, or a facelift? Do we need to put an end date on the current V40 sub-forum?

James
JamesV70R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 20:42   #25
Yellowbelly

[
V40 & XC40 '17> / V60 '16 > General"
"Forum for vehicles post 2016 based on the new SPA Platform"[/I][/I][/I]

This is not correct as the new V60 (and S60 when launched) is on the SPA platform whilst XC40 is on the CMA platform.

I would suggest creating a SPA XC60 ('17+), V60 (18+)and S60 ('19?+) section

AND a seperate XC40 ('18+) CMA section to which the V40 (CMA) replacement is added when launched

XC90 (14+), S90, V90 and V90XC ('16+) would then have their own section too
Yellowbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yellowbelly For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2018, 00:07   #26
OV4

The V40 and V40 cross country (V40CC) continue as normal.

The new XC40 on the CMA platform (different structure entirely to the V40) could perhaps have a new subforum.

The current 90 series vehicles, XC60, and upcoming V60 - on the SPA platform - could either remain within one subforum or be split out into 90- and 60-series subgroups.
OV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 13:52   #27
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OV4 View Post
The V40 and V40 cross country (V40CC) continue as normal.
Totally agree
Quote:
The new XC40 on the CMA platform (different structure entirely to the V40) could perhaps have a new subforum.
Again, totally agree. The new CMA platform is a brand new one and will have many differences from the latest 90 & 60 SPA platforms.
Obviously this forum group will grow as the rest of the 40 series are upgraded to the new CMA platform over the next few years.
Quote:
The current 90 series vehicles, XC60, and upcoming V60 - on the SPA platform - could either remain within one subforum or be split out into 90- and 60-series subgroups.
Should remain within the one current sub-forum. The SPA platform cars share the vast majority of options/features that is makes totally logical sense to maintain what we already have.