Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

360 camera easier way to switch on

Views : 5205

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 10th, 2018, 09:09   #41
Lexman8
Premier Member

The 360 camera is definitely worth it and (actively) use it every day.
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 09:53   #42
MaDProFF
Master Member

It is better to have it than not have it, but I do think it could be better.

I Would like to see a further distance looking back behind the car.
Much better quality video at night.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 12:12   #43
Billfolder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
The markers don't have to be solid blocks of colour; they could be slimmer and/or a semi-transparent shadow overlay. I've seen this on other cars which also show the actual distance to the object, measured in cms, which is a far better implementation than Volvo's.
Mine superimposes the yellow/orange/red blocks on the 360 camera, I thought this was standard. Your comments seem to indicate that yours does not. So when you are in the 360 camera mode and you approach another car do you not see any visual warnings? just the sound from the sensors?
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 13:04   #44
Lexman8
Premier Member

Sometimes the blocks superimpose but at other times the camera blanks out leaving just the car outline and the blocks.

It's not a biggy so I haven't tried to figure out under what conditions it does this.
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 12:18   #45
J30 YAP

What I would really like Volvo to update is, show the 360 and reverse cam in split screen.
Though I know it would be tricky because of the portrait screen oreintation.
Old Aug 13th, 2018, 12:45   #46
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steladamo View Post
Actually when 360 is installed in the car it should always come up on this view when sensors kick in
Exactly, and this is what BMW's do, the sensor screen is largely redundant when you have 360, so why you don't at least have the option to default to 360 I shall never know. I raised this on a thread a couple of years back!!

:wq
Old Aug 13th, 2018, 17:00   #47
Roosterb

Is it not voice activated yet?
Press the button, wait 15 secs for a response, shout the command four times in different accents while it suggests an array of irrelevant songs, press button again, wait another 15 secs, then shout cancel.
Sensus, what a slick system!
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 22:54   #48
Mr Timewise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterb View Post
Is it not voice activated yet?
Press the button, wait 15 secs for a response, shout the command four times in different accents while it suggests an array of irrelevant songs, press button again, wait another 15 secs, then shout cancel.
Sensus, what a slick system!
+1

Mr Timewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2018, 13:31   #49
MaDProFF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Timewise View Post
+1

+2

My god I was shouting at Sensus what ever it was called the other day, as it could not make a simple phone call, I know it was probably my fault, it would help though if they actually made the commands logical, still I might get to learn it by the time I sell the car
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2018, 12:21   #50
neon
Premier Member

Love the 360 camera, very accurate. Agree I wish it was easier to select manually and night time vision could be better, also built in recording on the cameras to save having a separate dashcam. Still an amazing bit of tech though.