Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help DVD no remote control!

Views : 6937

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:59   #11
pdrvolvo
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryM1906 View Post
I also have a 2005 Volvo XC90 and have lost the remote to the headrest style dvd screens with player in the center console. The dealer wants to charge $150 which is too much! Where can I purchase another remote?
there,s a genuine volvo dvd remote control on ebay at the moment in the auction section for xc90 parts.it has a volvo part no.i think its £24.99.

peter.
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 11:26   #12
edperera

Hi Elliot,
We've got the original Volvo single dvd player (visteon?) version with the twin non swivel screens fitted to the Executive model and have unfortunately lost the remote control.
Do you have this spare remote control part for sale?
Your reply would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ed Perera
edperera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 12:40   #13
Kwozzymodo

Our original unit was missing a couple of buttons after some over-enthusiastic use by the children I was quoted £200 for a replacement by the Volvo dealer - managed to get one on ebay for under £20.

There are some reference/serial numbers underneath the battery cover that identify the unit and model year (I assume). I was able to check with the seller that these numbers tied up with those on the original unit.

Perhaps if you let us know the MY of your vehicle, someone can help?

Good luck.
Kwozzymodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 20:23   #14
chuggett

Default Rear Seat Entertainment Remote Control

Elliott could you pm me please with your contact details - I need a remote control for the XC90 rear seat ent system from 2004. Can't PM you as I'm new on the site and haven't posted enough !
chuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 21:03   #15
toukacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott2 View Post
Hi, I should be able to clear this up for everybody! There were two rear seat entertainment systems for the XC90, one was designed by Visteon for Volvo Sweden and was fitted in the executive this had a single DVD player in the centre console with non swivel monitors, the other was designed by me for Volvo UK, this has two swivel monitors and a 10 disc DVD player fitted under the boot floor. I am still able to offer all parts, please email me privately so I can deal with each request individually. This is genuine, I advertise on EBAY as well and I am able to fit complete systems, the headrest monitors have been fully crash tested with Volvo, hope this helps, Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for this.... it seems a lot of people here are having the same issue with dvd remotes....
I just recently bought a xc 90 with the 2 swivel monitors, the one designed by you. I dond have the remote for it and i'm having difficulties to find one. Please HELP! you mentioned that are able to supply parts of it, but you left no contact details.....
Thank you...
Marcos
toukacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 12:44   #16
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toukacz View Post
Hi Peter, thanks for this.... it seems a lot of people here are having the same issue with dvd remotes....
I just recently bought a xc 90 with the 2 swivel monitors, the one designed by you. I dond have the remote for it and i'm having difficulties to find one. Please HELP! you mentioned that are able to supply parts of it, but you left no contact details.....
Thank you...
Marcos
Left click his forum name and choose what you want to do from the drop down menu. There are contact details in his profile.

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 12:46.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:30   #17
LukeC1975

Quote:
Hi, I should be able to clear this up for everybody! There were two rear seat entertainment systems for the XC90, one was designed by Visteon for Volvo Sweden and was fitted in the executive this had a single DVD player in the centre console with non swivel monitors, the other was designed by me for Volvo UK, this has two swivel monitors and a 10 disc DVD player fitted under the boot floor. I am still able to offer all parts, please email me privately so I can deal with each request individually. This is genuine, I advertise on EBAY as well and I am able to fit complete systems, the headrest monitors have been fully crash tested with Volvo, hope this helps, Peter
Hi Peter

I read you post regards supplying supplies for XC 90 DVD systems. I have just purchased a xc90 2005 Exec. with rear UK DVD system but it doesnt have a remote. Can you supply one please

Many Thanks
LukeC1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 20:33   #18
artwilliam

my 2011 has the DVD in the armrest with a remote and buttons - kinda see why they made the change!
artwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2017, 22:53   #19
NickLamb

Quote:

Hi Peter,

I stumbled across your post on this forum site. I've been looking for a remote for an xc90 exec model I bought second hand recently. The dealer has tried but has given up and said they can't get hold of one, which is frustrating.

It's the (55 plate) exec model with DVD player under the boot and a screen in each of the headrests of the front seats.

PLEASE can you help?? I can't pm you as not enough posts yet.

Many thanks,

Nick
NickLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 07:50   #20
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, I have a boot loaded 10 DVD system. I believe a compatible remote may well be rc-3210a. It certainly looks identical to mine.

If it helps anyone I do have a spare remote for the standard volvo xc90 v70 etc. It states on it multimedia control with volvo on the bottom. It certainly controls the radio etc on my xc90. I bought it in the hope it worked with the 10 DVD system but it does not. I paid £28 for it plus delivery.

Hope this helps
john langrick is online now   Reply With Quote