Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fault code 2A50

Views : 4625

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2018, 22:17   #1
Jason199

Default Fault code 2A50

Hi

Could anyone help me out please.

I have a volvo c30 1.6d that is showing fault code 2A50. Does anyone know what could cause this or a possible fix?

Thanks for your help

Jason.
Jason199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2018, 21:30   #2
Jason199

Hi again.

Ive performed a forced regen on the dpf as the above fault is apparently related to the dpf but i couldnt see any issue with sensors.
After the regen the car drives as it should. However (theres always a however!) it now shows a ‘particulate temp sensor faulty signal’ message on the laptop.
Is this the root of the 2a50 code? Or is this a result of the regen and me checking for codes straight afterwards?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Jason
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 13:53   #3
NClourenco

Default ECM-2A50 error Volvo C30

Hi Jason

Did manage to fix that error problem?
NClourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 18:42   #4
Jason199

Default Fault code 2A50

Hi mate,
It was a while ago so im a bit short of detail, i believe it was the temp sensor had snapped somehow inside the DPF. Had loads of problem with the dpf and the related parts...turbo failure, dpf failure, temp sensor failure etc.
It all turned out to be caused by a broken valve rocker? I think thats what it was called. It essentially s*** itself, caused inburnt fuel into the dpf the dof would clog and get regened then the cycle would repeat until the dpf **** its self and the turbo aswell. I replaced the engine in the end because i happened to know someone who could do it cheaply and they had an engine going cheaper than all the bits would of cost to sort the old one. Touch wood, its been great since. Im no mechanic and i may of got some of the stuff wrong that happened. But i think im roughly accurate in what i just wrote. Codes dont necessarily point to the problem from my experience. Sometimes its something thats failed and caused another sensored part to **** itself. Only then do you realise there is a problem. In my case, when the car showed me there was one on the dash. Hope that helped.

Tags
2a50