Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Keyless entry not working one side

Views : 7944

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2017, 21:43   #11
Rooster
Speed freak

Inner door shut area directly behind the handle there is a rubber grommit,

Remove it and insert a long torx 25 screwdriver,

pull out handle and hold it out and unscrew torx 25 until it goes tight (roughly 4 turns) until lock blank is released,

pull out lock blank and handle will slide back and pull out at back end,

handle will then slide out at front end
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 00:25   #12
Ixion

@Rooster thanks for the reply.

Where's the rubber grommit you mention in this picture that I've taken today:
IMG_2018.jpgIMG_2019.jpg

I attempted to take the black panel off (pictured) to see if there were any bolts behind there, it seems fixed on from inside of the door and peering behind it there seems lots holding it in place (cables etc), it didn't want to budge.

Last edited by Ixion; Jun 29th, 2017 at 00:30.
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 08:33   #13
uniqueue

it isnt inside the door
it is on the shut , above the latch and level with the door handle. just out of view on your secon pictured
uniqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 10:00   #14
Ixion

@uniqueue, here's a picture of the area you mention, there's nothing above the latch area:
IMG_2025.jpg

The only document I could find about changing it was on an old V70, where as you mention there were separate bolts above the latch hidden behind a rubber cover. However seems they've changed since then?

Last edited by Ixion; Jun 29th, 2017 at 10:07.
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 12:14   #15
uniqueue

well there's a b...er!

I checked on my xc60 this morning and I have one - Ive delved into it before to try and do what you want to do ..........
Sorry - am stuck now... btw I love the stone effect vinyl wrap on thour paintwork :-)
uniqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 12:20   #16
dcw
VOC Member

On the V60 back door, at a level with the outer door handle, try pulling that rubber seal to one side and I think you'll find what you are looking for...

On the front door there should indeed be a rubber bung over a hole.

Mind you, I was able to get door handles off my S40 (same set up) no problem as has been described. I tried the same with the V60 to explore the touchy door handle and it wouldn't quite come out and I didn't want to force it, so you might just want to be careful as you go!

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 12:51   #17
Ixion

Thanks for the responses guys.

@dcw Do you mean removing the black trim shown in the pictures above (fixed onto the metal door)?

If so I removed the bolts holding it on, but doesn't seem to want to budge. I was able to pull it back enough to see what's behind, and it looks as though there's mechanisms and wires in the way of where the back of the handle would be?

@uniqueue that was an optional extra! Shame the rest of the car isn't so clean!
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 13:49   #18
Rocinante
Master Member

Don't know if this helps any, as I don't know if's it accurate. It's seem to suggest the hole is under the rubber door seal on the back door. If it is correct, could you let us know.

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t15718870-...iver_39_s_door

"On a S60, 2012, (drivers door) you first remove the plastic cover in under which you find the lock (with keyhole).
secondly, open the door and remove the 15 mm diameter plastic cover near the handle. Insert a long torx scrwdriver(T25 ?) in the
opening and while keeping the door handle "open" (this gives you the possibility to easily replace the handle later) Turn the torx until it stops
(do not use much force). Now you can pull out the metallic lock, peer
out the small white plastic under the door handle and pull out the handle. Do not turn the torx before you have replaced the handle.

In the case of back door, you start by finding the hole for the torx under the doors rubber sealing near the door handle."

Last edited by Rocinante; Jun 29th, 2017 at 14:18.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 21:23   #19
dcw
VOC Member

I mean the rubber seal down the edge of the door...

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2017, 11:47   #20
Ixion

As promised, I thought I'd follow up to say that I've had mild success and managed to get one of the two working!

It seems impossible to find diagrams for the exact setup in the S60, however from looking around the car it appears each door has a "hand" proximity receiver mounted to the inner door behind the handle (not in the handle itself). Then there's another receiver hidden somewhere in the rear door which detects if the key is within range of the car. I must add all of this is not possible to access without removing the second inner door card and window gear.

All i simply did was move the cables going to the handle receiver and check it was connected properly (you need to use a long screwdriver to prod as you can't get your hand in the door). It's accessed via the round rubber plug on the inner door card (see picture in previous post).

I also removed the handle screw (which as mentioned is behind the seal) to see if you can access anything from there, but all the screw does is remove the lock part of the exterior handle. You cannot seem to actually remove the handle without accessing from within the inner door.

Here's a picture of the receiver where I tweaked the wires:
pic1.jpg

And of the handle:
pic2.jpg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ixion For This Useful Post: