Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Map updates

Views : 1498

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:36   #1
deefadog

Default Map updates

Hi all

When I bought my car in July I registered for map updates , I,ve had an e-mail saying my reg was successfull but as yet no sign of anything else. Do these come as a DVD in the post to me or is it something the dealer does. And how long does it usually take to arrive.

XC60 D4 SE Lux AWD 2013 July

Chris
deefadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:39   #2
XCeed

Mine came in the post - I believe Navteq send them out around June. Hope you have plenty of time on your hands, it takes nearly six hours to install! I have just installed disc 1 and will do 2 and 3 on a 200 mile run tomorrow. Disc 4 as and when...?!
Not sure it's worth the bother, but suppose I should keep them up to date as this is my final upgrade...
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 13:39   #3
deefadog

Default Map updates

Thanks Xceed

See on your sig you mention speed cam updates did that come with the upgrade I,m still using my Road Angel pro as there not on my nav.

Chris
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 14:21   #4
Londonpride
VOC Member

Default Map Updates.

I bought my car in June and got my first map update at the end of August. Came as a two disc set with a time scale of 120 mins. You don't have to do it in one go, just put disc one in and let it run as it continues everytime you start the engine, so you could do ten minutes at a time if you only do short journeys. All you need to do is follow the instruction displayed on the screen. If you need to use the sat nav during updating you can pause the same. I was told they normally send them out in July.
Londonpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 14:40   #5
deefadog

Default Map updates

Thanks

Could it be my maps are upto date and my upgrades won't arrive till next year, just a thought.

Chris
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 16:03   #6
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefadog View Post
Thanks

Could it be my maps are upto date and my upgrades won't arrive till next year, just a thought.

Chris
Put your details in the link below and you will find out if you have the latest maps.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...lvoEurope-Site

tem.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 19:44   #7
XCeed

Quote:
Thanks Xceed

See on your sig you mention speed cam updates did that come with the upgrade I,m still using my Road Angel pro as there not on my nav.

Chris
Speedcamupdates.com are a private database that can be attached to your Volvo Sensus sat nav mapping very easily. Very cheap, less than a tenner, and I have found they pick up all the cameras. Pocketgpsworld is another company well recommended and I might give them a go myself as I assume my Speedcamupdates database will be wiped with my latest upgrade. Go their websites and see what you think...
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 08:35   #8
deefadog

Default Map updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCeed View Post
Speedcamupdates.com are a private database that can be attached to your Volvo Sensus sat nav mapping very easily. Very cheap, less than a tenner, and I have found they pick up all the cameras. Pocketgpsworld is another company well recommended and I might give them a go myself as I assume my Speedcamupdates database will be wiped with my latest upgrade. Go their websites and see what you think...
Hi XCeed

Been on pocketgps site looks good £20 per year it's worth a look. Thanks for the heads up will subscribe and see what happens.

Chris

PS. For a 2013 model do I need sensus or rti download

Last edited by deefadog; Oct 5th, 2013 at 08:43. Reason: Additional info
The Following User Says Thank You to deefadog For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 18:23   #9
stobart volvo

Quote:
PS. For a 2013 model do I need sensus or rti download
You need to download according to which system you have. My 2013 S60 model has the RTI system, nav instruction will tell you what the system is
stobart volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 19:07   #10
nomorework

I got my updates approx 6mths after buying the car but I did get an email when I registered shortly after buying the car.