Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I wasn’t going to post this, but...

Views : 4004

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 15:10   #31
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatie View Post
Tell your wife I'm with her and her views on what i'm sure is the same dealership I bought my pre registered V 90 with 24 miles on the clock from I took delivery on the first of March. All I want is the sim card they promised and the 'lifestyle' third key. The car ddoes have keyless entry. They, the salesman and the sales manager don't give a damn, they've sold a car, end of story. In one of his very few e mails the sales manager did say he would make enquiries about the key and get back to me in a couple of days. That was over 2 weeks ago . A polite 'whats happening' e mail sent 7 days ago has gone unanswered. I WILL name the dealersip. It's the Endeavour Automotive group with deaierships trading as Volvo Watford. Volvo North London and several others.

Sorry about typing etc, on tablet and can't edit or spell check
Thanks for the heads up - Watford is my nearest dealer so maybe I will steer clear of Volvo after all....

Mind you it might be Watford as the Audi garage there was rubbish (but the same group in Hatfield much better)...
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 17:27   #32
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
All I want is the sim card they promised and the 'lifestyle' third key. The car ddoes have keyless entry. They, the salesman and the sales manager don't give a damn, they've sold a car, end of story. In one of his very few e mails the sales manager did say he would make enquiries about the key and get back to me in a couple of days. That was over 2 weeks ago . A polite 'whats happening' e mail sent 7 days ago has gone unanswered.
That really isn't good enough. The sales department may have done their job and sold you the car but it is still the dealer's responsibility to provide the sim and the third key. In effect the car is not 'complete'.

If it was me I would now write an email to the dealer principal asking for these issues to be resolved within a reasonable time. If that doesn't work then I would approach Volvo UK, who can sometimes help resolve issues with dealers.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 10:31   #33
DriverDen

Default Missing Lifestyle Key

My used Volvo came with only 2 keys. Selling dealer where initially dismissive but a phone call to Volvo UK and all resolved. I have the key and next week my local dealer will be programming it free of charge.

They will also be able to remove the existing 3rd key which is programmed to my car which I don't have.
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 21:10   #34
Boatie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
That really isn't good enough. The sales department may have done their job and sold you the car but it is still the dealer's responsibility to provide the sim and the third key. In effect the car is not 'complete'.

If it was me I would now write an email to the dealer principal asking for these issues to be resolved within a reasonable time. If that doesn't work then I would approach Volvo UK, who can sometimes help resolve issues with dealers.

Hope you get it sorted.
Presently away on my narrowboatt (with mobile data/e mail) but back home next week so will do ' battle' yet again. I know the dealer principal's name , John Caney, but not his e mail address.
(Checked e mails about an hour ago still no response)
Boatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2020, 12:42   #35
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Another tale of poor service, this time a Land Rover dealership. Not me but a Youtube vlogger I follow.

A bit of background, he picked up a brand new Defender and on his way home from the dealership the Defender went into limp mode every time he tried to accelerate to overtake or speed up, he called the help line and they sent out the breakdown truck and they diagnosed a problem with the emission system and reset the fault, problem still there when car driven, after another go the car was recovered to the dealership.

They scratched their heads and said the DPF must be full (brand new car zero miles) they said maybe it was ticking over a long time when being prepped ?, the mind boggles.
They did a forced Regen and reset the fault and gave the car back, on his way home the fault was still there, why did they not road test it.

When he got home he thought "well I know it is exhaust/emissions related so I will have a look myself", he felt round the system and found a pipe lose which had not been connected during manufacture, he pushed the pipe on the exhaust fitting and it solved the problem, he had to take it back to tell them and get the engine management fault reset.
The problem is that these useless dealerships give the product a poor name, yes there was a fault but it should have been quickly and easily resolved and customer would be happy.
There was a Youtube video of this saga but Land Rover asked him to take it down and to show good faith he did.

Then this.
His 360 camera was staying on when moving forward and not shutting down at the designed speed shut off point so they took the car in and gave him a loan car, the video tells the rest. Again why did the Tech not road test it. The first bit of the video is just looking at other Defenders
https://youtu.be/7sWdfrUwWSY
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Jul 25th, 2020 at 12:49.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2020, 10:08   #36
DriverDen

Default Third Key

Off topic slightly but as the third key is included in the topic already.....

The third key aka the lifestyle key, the key tag or the waterproof key.

How do people attach it to a keyring? It has 2 angled holes in it, what do you put in there to attach it to anything securely?
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2020, 18:50   #37
Whiterdesign
Master Member

I use a small split ring, done that since new and had no problem, only prob I have is that the battery has now gone flat after 2.5 years, looks like I will have to split it open and try and replace battery , like other people have done. Refuse to pay £150 plus for a new one
Old Jul 29th, 2020, 22:31   #38
Boatie
Master Member

Quick update on my issues. Finally tracked down someone in Endeavour Automotive's senior management team responsible for the Watford site. Send an e mail off today around about noon. Got a genuine response around 9 pm assuring me of investigation tomorrow. Watch this space.
Boatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2020, 22:51   #39
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Quick update on my issues. Finally tracked down someone in Endeavour Automotive's senior management team responsible for the Watford site. Send an e mail off today around about noon. Got a genuine response around 9 pm assuring me of investigation tomorrow. Watch this space.
I went and found the place on Sunday after they had closed to see the stock (and particularly a Polestar Engineered S60 they had in stock). You might like to tell him that the prep (and parking!) did nothing to make me want to part with £50k for it!

Good luck with discussions, as they say its not about the issue but how they deal with it...
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isleaiw For This Useful Post: