Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Lovely 2003 Volvo V70 D5 Manual with a great service history

Views : 928

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2023, 11:33   #1
jaiscossie

Default Lovely 2003 Volvo V70 D5 Manual with a great service history

For sale is my much loved P2 Volvo V70 D5 manual, the car is a 2003 model and is in lovely condition

It has recently had a full detail inside and out including a machine polish and ceramic sealant

The leather was also cleaned and conditioned and is in great condition for 20 years old

Everything works as it should on the car and it drives faultlessly, doesn't use any oil or coolant and starts the first time every time

I am very particular with my cars and hence the car has always had no expense spared during my ownership. Also, the previous owners had the same mindset looking at the amount they had spent on it over the years.

I have receipts and invoices from new totalling over £12000. The car has been serviced every year without fail on time and has 20 stamps in the book along with every invoice. In recent years it has had a new cambelt, water pump and aux belt, new clutch and dual mass flywheel, new suspension struts, new lower arms, new battery and new brake callipers front and rear, the wheels have recently been professionally refurbished by Wheelworx with Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 5 tyres all around all which have around 6mm of tread
New Powerflex engine and gearbox mounts are also fitted.

The bodywork is in excellent condition for its age and has zero rust anywhere around the car.

It often returns 60+mpg on a run and around 45mpg locally.

It has the Dolby Pro logic upgraded factory stereo and speakers and Bluetooth for music and hands-free calls.

The aircon is lovely and cold and has recently been regassed.

The reason for the sale is I fancy a V70r

Private plate will be removed before sale and 12 months mot will be put on the car.

The car is HPI clear with a report, an A4 binder full of invoices, original handbooks, a service manual, and two keys.

Has had a recent full service including all filters, and gearbox oil.

It also has a tow bar fitted with electric

More pictures can be seen at the following link https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1631031

price £3750

Im in Sudbury Suffolk

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230905_145554.jpg (396.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230905_145632.jpg (316.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230905_150515.jpg (258.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230905_150157.jpg (180.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230905_145939.jpg (303.8 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by jaiscossie; Sep 8th, 2023 at 11:38.
jaiscossie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaiscossie For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2023, 09:19   #2
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

A part of me thinks that is over priced and another part of me thinks it's worth every penny....

In my mind the Euro 3 manual V70's are the best ever Volvo estate made, the proper workhorse but also a luxury motor. The most reliable, smoothest and economical incarnation of the D5 in the last proper Volvo platform.

To find one so meticulously looked after now is very rare, especially with the black interior which stands the test of time so much better than the lighter colours. If I didn't have 3 Volvos already I might be sniffing around this. I mean where else could you find a very large estate car this will last another 100,000 miles and probably average 50MPG ?

Good luck with the sale.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Sep 10th, 2023 at 09:29.
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tannaton For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2023, 15:46   #3
jaiscossie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
A part of me thinks that is over priced and another part of me thinks it's worth every penny....

In my mind the Euro 3 manual V70's are the best ever Volvo estate made, the proper workhorse but also a luxury motor. The most reliable, smoothest and economical incarnation of the D5 in the last proper Volvo platform.

To find one so meticulously looked after now is very rare, especially with the black interior which stands the test of time so much better than the lighter colours. If I didn't have 3 Volvos already I might be sniffing around this. I mean where else could you find a very large estate car this will last another 100,000 miles and probably average 50MPG ?

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks for the kind comment, I wanted the car to go to a fellow enthusiast really as it's not your average 2003 V70. The car really is lovely and has one of the best service histories I've seen on a used car.
Yes, it might not be the cheapest out there but as you know most of these are at an age now where they are just run into the ground.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaiscossie For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 20th, 2023, 12:16   #4
jaiscossie

Sold and now gone to a new home
The Following User Says Thank You to jaiscossie For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 21st, 2023, 21:30   #5
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post

Good luck with the sale.
I agree, they are fantastic cars imho, only downside is the turning circle.
The Following User Says Thank You to T5R92011 For This Useful Post: