Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My volvo 850 SE for sale

Views : 500

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 13:25   #1
Alison_G

Default My volvo 850 SE for sale

Hi, this is a genuinely reluctant sale really, I love this car, we've had her for nearly the last four years and she's been probably the best daily runner I've ever had, but unfortunately, since I was widowed early last year I knew I was on borrowed time with her really, my finances are stretched to the limit now & I need to find a cheaper car to insure and run. Sooooo I have no choice really :'( Gutted though, cos she feels like one of the family really

She's a 1994 850 SE 10v.

Good points
  • Taxed to end of July
  • Ticketed to the end of October.
  • T5 Columbus alloys, all with reasonably good tyres
  • 7 seat conversion (rear seat belts removed because I have my dogs in the back and didnt want them to get chewed, lol)
  • Dark grey v70 leather interior, not mint but I consider it to be in a reasonable condition, certainly better than some I have seen
  • Serviced, inc fuel filter, last December
  • Some service history
  • Replacement headlights last December, new ignition valve, new n/s cv joint & wishbone replaced for the MOT
  • New front brake discs (I brought new pads as well but MOT station suggested leaving the ones I had on there as they had plenty of meat left on them, so these will go with the car as well)
  • 187k on the clock, however engine was replaced when clock read 110k with the same spec engine from a '97 model. There is proof of this in the service history, so effectively this engine has done only 77k
  • Comes with a big crate full of spares plus a spare set of steel wheels all with reasonably good tyres on them
  • Battery replaced in April of last year
  • Hard plastic bootliner included
  • V70 rear light clusters
  • New rear wiper motor & new wipers front & back

Bad Points
  • small patch of rust appearing over the o/s rear wheel arch
  • Radiator need replacing, however, I DO have a second hand replacement rad that I will let go with the car. I've been unable to take her off the road to do the rad or go without her long enough to get it done
  • Whilst shes not really rusty, her bodywork in general does need attention. There are several little parking dings, lots of stone chips and some delightful person keyed the drivers side passenger door
  • ABS light comes on occasionally when you get over 20 miles an hour, however she has never failed an MOT because of it. Many moons ago a mobile electrician friend of my husbands looked her over and said there was nothing wrong with the ABS but it was showing a faulty sensor. You guys will probably understand what that means alot better than I Its a very intermittent thing, I can go weeks and weeks without it coming on then see it every day for a week before it stops coming on again
  • A small dent in the roof just in front of the tailgate, she was hit by a falling branch a few winters back
  • Tailgate struts a little temperamental, so I have removed the inside trim to make the tailgate lighter, otherwise it sometimes shut on my head I still have the interior trim so you can put it back if you like, just think its only fair to warn you though

She's been a real delight to drive (plenty of welly under my right foot & holds the road well & I like that ) and prior to my husband coming home with her I never ever thought you could have so much fun in a Volvo. I'm a little stuck as to what to ask for her tbh, so please make me an offer, you can call me on 07799 210386 if you like. I know Im being silly & sentimental but I would like her to go to a good home. I will post some pictures up of the interior later as I'm going out to give her insides a good clean this afternoon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the volvo.jpg (246.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg the volvo (1).JPG (315.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg the volvo (2).JPG (341.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg the volvo (3).JPG (334.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Alison_G; Apr 22nd, 2010 at 13:44.
Alison_G is offline   Reply With Quote