Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I wasn’t going to post this, but...

Views : 4006

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 20th, 2020, 16:32   #11
Scotia64

I used to have a ford galaxy mk1 ghia, it had chrome roof rails that had gone rusty.
My wife drove the car (she was a teacher) , the dealership collect the car at her school around 10am , I was miffed at that as I was told it’s a big job & my wife finished work at 16:15. In my eyes they didn’t give themselves much time to do the job.
At 15:30 I got a call from the garage ... sorry to tell you but it’s the wrong part “they’ve” sent . Boy did he get an earful, not only do the idiots not check what they were fitting but had stripped the roof lining & had taken the original roof bars off before opening the box with the new bits.
I also pointed out that they had 30 mins to put the car back together and deliver it to my wife’s school. Needless to say they didn’t manage that & my wife had to hang around the school for another 2 hours.
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 17:03   #12
apnicolle

Oh Ford dealers are a special world of useless... we ordered 4 winter tyres for my wife's Focus ST. Took 2 weeks to arrive, fine not a problem.

Car dropped off at 8am.
Dealer called at 12pm saying all done. I walked over to collect the car (took half an hour, in the piddling rain). 4 new tyres fitted. Except only 2 of them were the Goodyear winter tyres. 2 were non-matching new ditch finders. And only one winter tyre per axle.

To say I was not impressed is an understatement. I made them take them all off, put the Summer tyres back on and then made haste promptly away and have never used them again. A letter to the dealer principal came back with a standard "we're sorry for ordering the wrong tyres", which was so not the issue........
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 18:33   #13
DriverDen

Default M&s

After purchasing a V70 from the old Reading dealer, Stratstone, it came with different key lock barrels (among multiple other issues). I booked it into have a new lock barrel fitted so the same key could open all the doors. They had several days to call me, Email, Write a letter etc if needed. On the day I dropped the car off, all fine - they had no questions, and walked to work from there. No contact from the dealership all day. I walked back to collect the car. They happily gave me my car key back. When I asked how it had gone the response was...

"We didn't know what the car was booked in for so we didn't do anything"

I was speechless at that and how they could ever think that was a good thing to say.....

In summary, the dealership is now a Marks and Spencer and I don't even use the replacement dealership, preferring to drive to the next town.
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DriverDen For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 02:45   #14
Bashy
Aged Member

1. Thanks, make mine a Coke
  2. Certainly not if you think that my idea was really stupid
  3. Take take from it as you wish
  4. mmmm, let me think (I'd say, sarcastically), can you say it louder please, I'm deaf?
  5. depends, were you having a bad day before or after you'd realised you had ordered the wrong part and made the customer wait all this time for nothing?
....loud enough for all to hear.

Seriously though, how he ever thought that thats how you speak to a customer with a constructive suggestion is beyond me, i myself would have been really peed off and would have said something like you did but had i gotten his reply too, i wouldnt have been dumbfounded, i have a very short fuse and can talk as loud as the next person, incompetent would have been used amongst other choice words burning that bridge lol good an proper....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 06:48   #15
RS3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN7 View Post
FWIW, I bought my car via Marshalls in Welwyn, and really can't fault the service at all.
Not my experience unfortunately, and although I only have experience of the parts dept. at Volvo Cars London in Watford, I can't say that they impressed me either.
RS3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 08:03   #16
krzemien

Your experience is very reminiscent of mine:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...82#post2637282

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...50#post2638050

And yes, I did hear something akin when eventually started making a fuss one January evening when collecting the car.

I also take it that it's the dealer from the same network (truly one has no choice if one lives within M25 and is no poised to travel further afield).
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 08:11   #17
TeamG
Master Member

I probably would have responded with a sharp throat-punch in preemptive self-defence.
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 09:43   #18
Hubband

I'm just amused that the British have such a cute way of asking for a fight. I actually had to look up the meaning of "having a pop"...

Last edited by Hubband; Jul 21st, 2020 at 09:45.
Hubband is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hubband For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 10:45   #19
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubband View Post
I'm just amused that the British have such a cute way of asking for a fight. I actually had to look up the meaning of "having a pop"...
You're just 'Yanking My Chain'
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 11:41   #20
Adrian888

I have to say my limited experience of Volvo dealers is a big thumbs down. Not a patch on any VW/Seat dealer or my local spannerman I have used in recent years. They need to raise their game if they really want to compete with the prestige brands.
Adrian888 is offline   Reply With Quote