Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

buying advice XC60

Views : 1108

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2020, 12:35   #11
Daz2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by dling View Post
I tow a 2000kg (when loaded) caravan with a petrol engine and get similar numbers... Even better if I get to charge the battery (I have a T8) before. That said, I also support the idea of a Petrol for this kind of mileage.

P.S. Also the Air suspension is a dream. Especially when towing or driving through the mountains or over the city bumps.
WOW at petrol honestly returning 23mpg when towing! I must say that shocks me all the sales say stay away and most other reviews I have read.

although T8 out of my price and the T5 I very much doubt that would get near a T8 way down on power.
Daz2347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 12:43   #12
Daz2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitvar View Post
We have towed with three XC60s MK1 D4 manual, MK1 D5 Auto and now B4 Auto. Haven't had air suspension on any of them but have found all tow really well. The new B4 feels every bit as good as the old D5 in terms of acceleration whilst towing - despite being down on power. All were RDesign.

As you'd imagine the Mk2 feels brilliant overall and the MY21 standard reversing camera allows you to switch to a towbar view which shows lines for where the towbar is heading - which is good too. Need to check what we're getting from the B4 MPG wise. B4 is an RDesign with lots of extras which for me worked out better than the pro just because of the options we wanted - I like the look of the Pro alloys but wonder if 19s or 20s are better without air suspension...
I clad your happy with it, I guess I'm struggling on the D4, our CRV is ok but does struggle when we are in the Alps and on some of the French motorways on those long hills I have to drop into 4th. and to be honest I very rarely get into 6th just doest have to power! also the drivers seat gives me back ache after 90 miles of driving.
So looking forward to driving a Volvo all the reviews I've read say the car is great for long distant, I've seen reports saying the handling around bends isn't great! but im looking for comfort.
Daz2347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 19:21   #13
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Go for the B4 R-Design or D4 with air suspension but not pro. 19's or 20's but with air suspension extra. maybe in uk you don't have that option... i don't know how equipment packs are configured there but 21" wheels even with air suspension doesn't make you enjoy and feel all the potential of the air suspension. I would recommend to you 19's or 20's maximum. With air suspension. I have a D4 and with air suspension. R-Design MY19 and with 19" wheels.

D5 has reportedly problems with PowerPulse technology. A lot of situations already reported in this forum. Search for it.

D4 Polestar Engineered with 200hp and 440nm and you will tow just fine.

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Jul 24th, 2020 at 19:27.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 23:22   #14
dling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz2347 View Post
WOW at petrol honestly returning 23mpg when towing! I must say that shocks me all the sales say stay away and most other reviews I have read.

although T8 out of my price and the T5 I very much doubt that would get near a T8 way down on power.
Maybe also worth mentioning is that I don’t live in the UK and here the top legal speed when towing is 50 mph... so I guess this helped. Up to 10-15 mph most of the times you are fully on batteries... and then keeping it steady at 50mph should not be that bad.
dling is offline   Reply With Quote