Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY14 XC60 Seats

Views : 1652

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 29th, 2014, 13:16   #1
Lamp Swinger

Default MY14 XC60 Seats

Hi Guy's,

I retire in 3 weeks time and want to go for a 1 year old MY14 XC60 D4 or D5 Geartronic.

My wife has a hip problem and finds getting into our current car a bit of a challenge. We have sat in an R-Design in our local dealer. But we have not been able to try a SE or SE Lux as there are none near us in Maidstone. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in the seats between the 3 models please? We both found the seats of the R-Design a bit narrow too - yeah, I know we should go on a diet!! Are the SE and SE Lux seats any wider?

Thanks in advance,

David

2016 Kia Sorento KX-4 Auto. Now sold - MY14 XC60 SE Lux Nav D4 AWD Geartronic
Lamp Swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 14:05   #2
Harvey1512
Premier Member

I think the R-Design tend to be more fitted, a little more sports like, but hopefully others will be able to help you more. Also note that the seats can be pumped up or down. My mum recently found the seats too high so I let them down. When I left I pumped them higher as we all like them as tall as we can get. There is flexibility is my point.

I should have added, good luck on your retirement. An XC60 is a lovely present to yourself to start it off.
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 14:17   #3
Lamp Swinger

Thank you Harvey,

We did consider the XC70, but thought it looks a bit big.

As for retirement, I have been an apprentice OAP for 50 years, so feel well prepared and fully indentured. The XC60 is a very apt present indeed and can't wait to get behind the wheel.

David

2016 Kia Sorento KX-4 Auto. Now sold - MY14 XC60 SE Lux Nav D4 AWD Geartronic
Lamp Swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 14:26   #4
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Swinger View Post
As for retirement, I have been an apprentice OAP for 50 years, so feel well prepared and fully indentured.
I love that quote, I am going to pinch it. I have been telling my wife for years that I can't wait to retire. I don't dislike my work, I would just prefer retirement ahead of it.
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 14:37   #5
Wildoskar

I've driven both and the RDesign seats are definitely more fitted (seem a little narrower, especially the base). I think the 2015 RDesign have gone even more sports like / supportive and I certainly noticed a difference from my current 2010 model
XC60 D5 215 AWD Auto R-Des Lux Nav, Inscr Chrystal White, Off black. Driver Supp, Winter Illum, Security, Park assist, Prem sound, Dark glass, Rear seat heat, Stearing wheel heat, Panoramic roof, On Call, Rear park camera, Front camera, Gear Paddles
Wildoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wildoskar For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 16:01   #6
pagan8c
Master Member

Default Xc60

I tried the seats in a 2 year old XC60 and also found them a bit narrow.I also found the interior felt small as well.At the time I had a V70 I have now swapped for a XC70 D5 Geratronic and it is great.Feels much more roomy and the seats are really comfy too.I am retired and I use mine for towing my caravan.I must admit that I have never found it to too big and it is so easy to drive with the geartronic gearbox.Mine is the MY13 se lux and has bliss ,sunroof,adaptive cruise,rear park sensors,cream leather interior and sat nav.I don't think I will be getting rid of this too soon as the next 1 will probably have the 4 pot engine as they are getting rid of the 5.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pagan8c For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 16:05   #7
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Pretty sure the R-Design were 'tighter' (as 'sports' seats tend to be) when I sat in one on the showroom......mind you, that was sooo long ago!

Probably worth hunting one down with SE spec seats.....maybe even take a loo through autotrader to view some ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeIOW For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 16:38   #8
Westyman
VOC Member

Going from the V70 to the XC60, with my advancing years getting in/out was easier. The XC70 has raised suspension so the seat height will be different to my V70. I used to get in/out of the Westfield I built with seats about 5" off the road and can still do it in a friend's Westfield now!!

Now, they ARE narrow seats......:0
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 17:13   #9
GMcL
0's and 1's

Quote:
Hi Guy's,

I retire in 3 weeks time and want to go for a 1 year old MY14 XC60 D4 or D5 Geartronic.

My wife has a hip problem and finds getting into our current car a bit of a challenge. We have sat in an R-Design in our local dealer.
I don't know if the XC60 has an uprated chassis with R-design but the S & V60 models are 20% stiffer. It's not just the seats that are the difference.

I prefer a tauter chassis but it's not to everyone's taste.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 19:30   #10
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

Quote:
Hi Guy's,

My wife has a hip problem and finds getting into our current car a bit of a challenge. We have sat in an R-Design in our local dealer. But we have not been able to try a SE or SE Lux as there are none near us in Maidstone. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in the seats between the 3 models please? We both found the seats of the R-Design a bit narrow too - yeah, I know we should go on a diet!! Are the SE and SE Lux seats any wider?

Thanks in advance,

David
Found the same when looking to buy. Loads of R Designs, tend to think fleet buyets go for them. However once I found an SE model
I found the seats much more accomodating and easier to get in and out of and less hugging. Extremely comfortable and ideally suited to the purpose and performance of the vehicle. My 5 Series would have justified the R Design seats but not the XC 60.
Others will be along shortly to disagree but the SE seats are very comfy.
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dash300 For This Useful Post: