Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear wiper

Views : 2409

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 18:17   #1
lesk

Default Rear wiper

Hi all,
can anyone tell me the part number for a rear wiper blade for my 2004 d5 auto?
Also can anyone suggest how to change it?

thanks les k
lesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 02:32   #2
Pinstripe
Other side of the pond

Even thought i've changed mine twice - don't ask - I don't know the part number. But I can tell you how to change it! First remove the plastic cover, then get the correct size wrench and unscrew the nut holding the arm in place; you'll probably need wd-40 or some type of lubricant considering the age of your car. Next, an here is where the fun part begins - not - you'll need to use gentle persuation to try and get the arm off. It is not held in place by anything else, but has made itself a nice home. So you'll need to gently pry it, knock at it with a mallet (be carefull of the glass) until it comes off. Firt time it took me 15minutes, second time 25! Once off, just slide the new arm into place and tighten bolt. Do NOT over tighthen; and put the cover back.

Note you can also upgrade to the new slim/aero/one piece rear wiper. Different part number, same instructions. Firt time I replaced it with the old style, second time with the new type.
Pinstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinstripe For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 07:33   #3
chb
Master Member

I think pinstripe is thinking of another volvo model.
The XC90 rear wiper is just a push fit onto the arm.

The bits that hold it in place are only fragile plastic, so you have to be careful not to snap them when removing the blade. Otherwise you need a new arm.

The new blade comes with all the injection moulded trim that you see on the old blade.

[edit... just noticed he is from Montreal. Maybe the canadian wipers are more industrial than the EU models?]
chb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chb For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 08:58   #4
owenfackrell
Premier Member

I think pinstripe is on about changing the whole arm and blade as they are held on with a tapper which is why it's hard to get off.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to owenfackrell For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 15:07   #5
Pinstripe
Other side of the pond

Yes, I was describing the process for the entire arm... The blade is just held in place by a cheap clip.
Pinstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 19:09   #6
ian b

just remove the plastic outer casing off your rear wiper and change has you would a front wiper blade, look on the internet for a rear wiper blade for your volvo there are plenty for sale, it cost me about £5.00 to change mine
ian b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 14:31   #7
chf

Have been looking everywhere to buy a replacement wiper blade for our XC90 2007 and seems that no one carries stock ! Are they volvo specific ? It looks like it is a simple flatblade with a clip covered by the plastic wiper arm. Mine has fallen off so would prefer to biy from high streeet rather than waiting 2 to 4 days if purchased on-line.

Any advice welcom !
chf is offline   Reply With Quote