Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Insurance Quote

Views : 2615

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 18th, 2010, 12:35   #1
minimow151

Default Insurance Quote

Just had a quote for my XC90 Exc from Lloyds and it has increased by about 40%. Any suggestions on good prices from other companies?
minimow151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 13:05   #2
Ron_XC90
Master Member

I had the same problem a Month ago when I had to re-new.
Am now with M&S insurance mainly as they include free European full comp cover. Normal price would have been just over £400 but went up with £85 as my wife had an accident with her own car earlier in the Year.
Member of the Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response group. www.gw4x4r.co.uk
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 16:23   #3
artwilliam

I use these http://www.sureterm.com/4x4-insurance/ - I pay less than 300 quid a year for my 53 plate d5. I'm 36 and the wife is 33
artwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 17:22   #4
berkshire

I can endorse Sureterm. Competitive and efficient for 4w drives. At least they were for my Discovery for many years and initially for the Volvo also but price went up when I wanted no excess. I gave my business to Esure, 400 quid and no excess.. Over the years we have got used to the con of paying twice for car insurance: once on the premium and then again through the excess. The excess can be eradicated with a bit of persistence.
berkshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 14:27   #5
artwilliam

True enough if you have to claim but I haven't in nearly 20 years of driving so I'm happy to pay the £250 excess should the need to claim arise
artwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 14:57   #6
AB-UK
Premier Member

I am in the unenviable position of having a teenager who requires insurance.
Fortunately the teenager in question is my Daughter, and she has a sensible car (Yaris).
We chose Admiral's multi-car policy this year, which although for my XC90 was £35 dearer than my previous insurance (not bad on its own when you consider the usual hike in premiums) but my Wife's insurance was a little cheaper this year, and my Daughter's insurance was £600 less than last year - and it is now fully comp for her, rather than 3rd party.

By the way - someone rear-ended my daughter's car in February, and even though we had paid for the legal services supplement along with the 3rd party insurance, it is still a struggle to have the matter settled. If she had fully comp cover at the time it would have been very different, since the insurance company she had at the time wasn't interested as soon as they learned it wasn't her fault. The lad whose car hit hers was fortunately also insured, but with another "cowboy" company with incredibly bad customer support. Sigh!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 17:27   #7
kenny
Master Member

my renewal for my jeep has just come through from Aviva at £245, thought i would try sureterm after reading this thread.

They want £600! i think not
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 20:56   #8
Ron_XC90
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
my renewal for my jeep has just come through from Aviva at £245, thought i would try sureterm after reading this thread.

They want £600! i think not
Funny, I was with Aviva last Year and paid round £340. This Year the renewal came through and was £745
So much for loyal customers...
Member of the Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response group. www.gw4x4r.co.uk
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 12:59   #9
lingo_uk

Think for insurance quotes we should offer a few more details for comparisons, 'cos these prices are MAD cheap compared to the ones I was offered....

It's a 60 reg xc90 executive - I'm 38, 9yrs no claims, no points (but 6pts in last 5yrs). Added the wifey too. Quotes are for fully comp, 250 xs and with protected no claims. Located in Halifax...

1st off was Volvo insurance, free for 7 days - the annual premium was £1300!
Next my current insurer (Hastings) - £1450 (was £680 for my A4 3.0TDI S-Line)
Had one from direct line for £1750.
Compare sites managed to get it down to about £900

Ended up with AVIVA - £680 for everything mentioned above.
lingo_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 14:00   #10
Warbur555

AB-Uk - I had an incident with my XC90 where someone hit me from behind whilst sitting at traffic lights (my car was only 10 days old).

I got put in touch with Swift Prestige Hire who are an accisdent management company and they were fantastic. I got to choose where the car would be repaired and they authorised it straight away (was done within 5 days of the accident). I also got a car that is at least a like for like replacement - I got a brand new X5 M Sport with all the toys. Swift claimed the full cost directly from the person that hit me and it didn't go anywhere near my insurers.

If you are clearly innocent in an accident then Swift are fantastic.

Their website is www.swiftprestigehire.com/obj/about_swift.php

I am in no way affiliated with Swift - just a very satisfied customer.
Warbur555 is offline   Reply With Quote