Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Hydraulic Fluid Level

Views : 643

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 11th, 2018, 20:07   #1
Chris Ridley

Question C70 Hydraulic Fluid Level

Hi fellow C70 owners, does anyone know what the Hydraulic Fluid Level is in the cleverly hidden hydraulic reservoir, under the drivers side headlight ??? Chris
Chris Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 01:36   #2
Bigchewie

if you shine a torch down toward bottom corner of bumper (if that makes sense) there is a max/min level on the side of the reservoir, at least there is on v50, it may be the same
Bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 20:00   #3
Chris Ridley

Thanks for that but after you remove the Headlight and unscrew the cap all you can see is the top of the resivior container ??

I'm absolutely gob smack that another C70 owner hasn't responded with the answer, obviously it's something that never get checked by owners or when having a "Volvo" Service ?????

Regards Chris
Chris Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 22:41   #4
Sysyphus

It's something I did look at sometime last year.. from memory I think the level is marked near the shoulder of the reservoir, didn't reply yet as I have had no reason to remove the headlight to confirm it... will be going in there at some point in the next week or two as I prepare for my upcoming road trip.
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 17:07   #5
iantowil

It's the power steering fluid. Checked the manual and as per usual, should only be looked at by a service centre less we have hell on earth ;-)
In essence, should be right for life unless there is a problem/leak.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 04:02   #6
Sysyphus

Ok, so, with the headlamp out you can see the max and min lines the opposite of etched around the shoulder of the bottle if you look down from above at the rear of the reservoir.

Take the top off and shine a bright torch into the reservoir and you can see the fluid level through the sort of curved trapezoidal opening in the metal that would be underneath the headlamp if it were in its normal place. You cant actually see the lines and the liquid from the same angle, but you can infer whether there is enough in there by looking at both angles.

Sorry, had put the headlamp back before I thought to take a picture.
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote