Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 door locking issue

Views : 11254

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 7th, 2017, 18:25   #1
photodiva

Default V60 door locking issue

Hi. New to this forum, so please excuse if I failed to find any previous threads! My 2012 V60 has developed an intermittent central locking issue. Sometimes the indicator lights flash when locking, other times it doesn't. Often when unlocking, the passenger door stays locked. Just now (and not for the first time) when you lock with the fob, the passenger door doesn't lock at all. Volvo garage said it needs a new lock, just wondered if this is the case. We've tried all the permutations of the menu system to try and solve it. Anyone know what causes the problem? In every other respect the car seems to function just fine. Came across this screenshot on a forum relating to other models. I think we've tried a reset before, but unsure if it helped. please HELP :-)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 16.23.32.png (63.7 KB, 63 views)
photodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2017, 19:58   #2
MCV60
Master Member

Yes this happened on my previous V60, intermittent fault on passenger door as you described. I found by twisting the inner lock with the key blade, provided a temporary fix (this appeared to force the latch to drop). In the end had to resign to a new door lock fitting at £300+ From main dealer.
MCV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2017, 20:11   #3
Fantastic
VOC Member

Fairly common problem I'm afraid. Quite a few threads on this on V40, V60, V70 sections. Seems a poor design that gets affected by water ingress, that's what I had explained with my V70 (mine was fortunately under warranty).

You might get some goodwill donation from Volvo as it's a known problem. May be worth asking about.
Old Nov 9th, 2017, 15:57   #4
photodiva

Thanks for the info. Its driving us nuts. Sometimes the indicator light illuminates when locking, other times it doesn't and then doesn't lock the passenger door. Will follow it up with the dealer we bought the car from.
Old Jan 26th, 2018, 18:16   #5
photodiva

Update - I had the lock replaced by the main dealer. I contacted Volvo via twitter, spoke to their Customer Care team, who rang the dealership. They offered a 10% discount on the cost, matched by the dealership too. So that was a result. I also had to have the front windscreen seals replaced which came to light at the service, and Volvo covered the cost of this too. So while there was a substantial cost, I was grateful for the sympathetic response from Volvo. Now all sorted.
Old Jan 27th, 2018, 17:58   #6
volvo for ever
Premier Member

lock are faulty and very common easy to replace approx 30minutes
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2018, 20:22   #7
fellfaller

Default S60 passenger door not locking

I'm having a similar issue with my 2013, S60. One of the rear passenger doors will not lock. I'm considering replacing the actuator myself and would welcome any advice from anyone who has already done this. There appears to be lots of stuff on the WWW, but I have not been able to find anything that fully covers what I want to do. Also, any suggestions of where to get spare parts other than an expensive dealership?
fellfaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2018, 07:37   #8
Anthrix

Best way is to buy brand new then at least you get some warranty it won’t fail in short time. To replace it your self is independ of your skill level. It can be done in 1 hours with right tools. Yuo’ll need to remove door handle, eject window from it runners and securit with tape to the top of the door. From inside you’ll need to remove door card which is secured with two tox screw and then just pops out from clips. To pop window you do have two rubber cover on the plactic card you’ll need to lower window around half way to push two locking clips for window. Then secure window with tape to top frame. Next remove nuts from plastic panel. Dificult part is inside yuo’ll have two plastic clips which need to be press to realese side of the plastic card. You need to be carfule it’s easy to snap them. Then card is removed remove screws for door lock. Unit will come out easy, after that just put it back in reverse.
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 23:21   #9
civilservant

I've lost count the number of occasions I have had to replace faulty locks on my various Volvos' over the past decade.
civilservant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 04:04   #10
xeyone

Default volvo-s60-v60-recall-door-latches

For the door will not lock issue, I found that it's a safety recall in 2020. Happened to my 2012 S60.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/17/...-door-latches/
https://recalls-us.volvocars.biz/pdf/R89978.pdf
xeyone is offline   Reply With Quote