Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Squeak coming from middle row left seat

Views : 2618

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2019, 20:07   #1
Daveh1000

Default Squeak coming from middle row left seat

Hi,
I have had a squeak off and on since the car was new. We have narrowed it down to the middle row left seat and sounds a little like a bird chirping. It has been in to dealer to try and fix twice now. The first time they “greased” it, the second time they applied an approved mod which they ordered in especially. Neither has fixed it.

It sounds like it is coming from the back rest because if you hit it you can often replicate it.

Dealer now gone a little quiet on what to try next, I suggested just ordering in a new seat.

Anyone had anything similar or can advise ?

Thanks
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 09:42   #2
Neil S

I have exactly the same squeak although I think it's the rear left seat on mine. The seats wobble like mad as you drive, I hate to think what the inside of these cars will sound like after a few years.

The noise drives me mad and the dealer hasn't a clue what to do. In fact they often deny there's even a noise. The best solution I have is to fold the seats forward or push them back onto something soft like a pillow that stops them moving. Hardly great solutions but this appears to be life with a Volvo.

I honestly don't think these cars were test driven properly before being released.
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neil S For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 10:34   #3
KNVXC90

I've had this squeak from the middle-row left seat. Dealer fixed it on first attempt. Was told its a loose headrest, resulting in unnecessary movement. They just had to tighten it just a little to prevent the squeak.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2

Last edited by KNVXC90; Feb 19th, 2019 at 10:40.
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KNVXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 17:57   #4
Roosterb

I had exactly this. Drove me nuts and is the reason our car’s nickname is ‘Sqeaky’. The dealer swapped it for a replacement seat saying there was a ‘known issue’. Been fine ever since, but the name has stayed.
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 22:23   #5
Mavi57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterb View Post
I had exactly this. Drove me nuts and is the reason our car’s nickname is ‘Sqeaky’. The dealer swapped it for a replacement seat saying there was a ‘known issue’. Been fine ever since, but the name has stayed.
It is indeed a known issue - they replace some parts and the noise is gone. There is a TJ on this.
In the mean time sliding the seat slightly forward helps.
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mavi57 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 16:48   #6
rubachuk

I had this about 3 months ago. I was on the verge of going back to the dealers when I noticed that my tin of WD40 proclaimed to stop squeaks. After a liberal coating of everything I could find under the seat it was still there. However after few days driving round, time for it to soak in I guess, it completely disappeared.
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 21:00   #7
LordLucan

Can't belive nobody's asked what you were doing in the back seats to elicit the squeaking 🤔
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 23:19   #8
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucan View Post
Can't belive nobody's asked what you were doing in the back seats to elicit the squeaking 🤔
I doubt he was murdering his children's nanny.
Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 04:43   #9
Ringthane
VOC Member

Is that a euphemism?

It’s been a very long time since my back seats squeaked.
Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 04:54   #10
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
Is that a euphemism?

Only Lord Lucan could know that.