Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1997 Volvo 850 R Estate ( Auto ) Full Volvo Service History

Views : 585

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2023, 14:36   #1
Thewhirls

Default 1997 Volvo 850 R Estate ( Auto ) Full Volvo Service History

Hello All,

Long term Volvo Owner here ( nearly 30 years! ).

I have for sale my 850 R which I'm sure some of you have seen on Ebay as there can't be many 26 year old cars with a Full Main Dealer Service History.

It's an extremely rare opportunity for the collector, a low owner Volvo 850R ( Please note that the car was delivered new to a British MOD School teacher in Germany when new through the diplomatic sale programme, it stayed there for around 5 months then entered into the UK Volvo service and then sales network ) with a FULL VOLVO MAIN DEALER SERVICE HISTORY!

I have in my possession well over 100 invoices from the main dealer and a fully stamped up service book, the invoices total up to over £30,000....

The car drives superb, these tend to wear their mileages well.

Here is a brief overview of the car -

Body

It's done a few miles and has marks here and there, both front wings have light rust bubbling which in my opinion could be saved if dealt with soon. You have to look to see it but it's there.

She cleans up very well, it does have various smaller marks here and there, the worst I've shown.

I have had the bumpers painted and re profiled, they look as new.

Wheels have been repainted due to lacquer peel in the correct Volvo colour, new centre caps have been added.

Interior

Finished in black leather and suede, again the interior has worn well over the years. Everything works and in good order.

There is a CD Multichanger in the boot.

Mechanically

As you would expect from a car with this virtually unheard of level of Service History the car drives superb.

The engine delivers plenty of power and the gearbox changes smoothly, no smoke or untoward noises at all from the engine.

Recently completed a 200 odd mile round trip with no issues whatsoever.

In Summary

If you're in the market for an 850R this is a must view, your choice will be either an imported Japanese car with questionable history and mileage or a UK car with part history and previous repairs. Now this car has had repairs to things like the wheel arches, seatbelt mount points and the like however rest assured that these have all been done to the absolute highest of standard by a Volvo Main Dealer and as such are fully documented.

These cars also suffer from the mileage recorder failing, indeed this car has had the mile recorder replaced in its lifetime but again it is documented within it's service history and fully documented by the Volvo Main Dealer whom looked this car. Look at the MOT history for any of these and the mileage will be at best inconsistent.

I've tried my best to give any prospective buyer an idea of the sheer amount of documentation with this car, I've laid the service book and all the invoices out over the bonnet, roof, open tailgate and still didn't have enough space so i stuck some on the sides too with some blu tack!!

All the common issues with these cars have been attended to over the years, things like the very expensive sunroof fix, a replacement tailgate and body repairs etc.

I've just reduced the price down to what i believe to be an absolute steal due to buying a new property and looking to free up some funds.

Viewings most welcome by arrangement on this special car in SW Cumbria or happy to meet any serious buyer at a mutually agreeable location.

Feel free to ask for more pictures of the wheels, bumpers, imperfections etc.

The mileage is just under 178,000 and is fully documented, including a speedo change at the Main Dealer.

It is MOT'd until March however I'll happily put a full 12 months on for the new buyer.

I'm asking £9,995 for the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6363.jpg (269.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6365.jpg (279.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6358.jpg (248.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6354.jpg (176.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6371.jpg (254.0 KB, 44 views)
Thewhirls is offline   Reply With Quote