Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

WANTED Volvotech CFE Canbus Function Extender

Views : 3278

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 5th, 2020, 23:00   #11
sparky543uk2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by icurnow View Post
I'm going to be putting the V70 on the market in September. I have CFE plus which has been a great toy and worked really well. It's on upto date firmware and very easily managed. Interface wire is obviously included in sale. Happy to move it on at this point if still interested.
Regards, Ian
I'm interested in the cfe if you still have for sale.
sparky543uk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 10:08   #12
icurnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky543uk2000 View Post
I'm interested in the cfe if you still have for sale.
Sorry it's now sold.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 06:54   #13
ol02ell

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
Is it a facelift model (Square reversing light) or not?

Pre-facelift needs a 2nd obd socket installing on the high and low speed canbus lines (back of CEM and radio in v70), pain in the bum job! And you’ve got to source the socket. Volvo-tech used to sell them, but done seem to be trading. I couldn’t be bothered taking the one out of my old car as it means stripping a lot of the dash apart.

CFE (not plus), I think just needs connecting to low speed can lines.
I have a pre facelift XC90 2005. I wanted to get this for the unfolding mirrors and opening the windows with the key. From what you have said it sounds like a pain to do. Would you mind explaining in more detail how its done? Thanks
ol02ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 16:47   #14
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol02ell View Post
I have a pre facelift XC90 2005. I wanted to get this for the unfolding mirrors and opening the windows with the key. From what you have said it sounds like a pain to do. Would you mind explaining in more detail how its done? Thanks
Nope, in a 2005 it fits without any changes. Just put it in the OBD2 socket and it works. It is different in models before MY 2005.
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 13:02   #15
TreacleTart

Hello guys

I am having issues installing mine and the support desk are not being helpful. I believe I have wired mine in correctly on. S60R but the device will not respond and causing all sorts of errors. Any help would be very grateful?
TreacleTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 16:16   #16
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacleTart View Post
Hello guys

I am having issues installing mine and the support desk are not being helpful. I believe I have wired mine in correctly on. S60R but the device will not respond and causing all sorts of errors. Any help would be very grateful?
You should open a thread (or look for an already opened one) in the correct subforum. This is the "wanted" section and people tend to not looking in here very often.

Btt, if you get errors, I'd say chances are very high, that somehing isn't wired correctly, sorry. Ideally make some pics of your installation and show them in a new thread. That should help in diagnosing this.