Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea

Views : 452515

Replies : 857

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:48   #291
Rufe
TRADER

This is possibly a bit late as Christmas and the New Year now seem like a distant memory, but I would like to wish a huge Happy New Year to you all and say thank you to everyone who has used us over the years, it really is appreciated by all of us here and lets hope it can continue as it has done.

All I can add is that I really am very sorry if I have not been able to reply to everyone who has sent me a message recently (here or through my web form, or email etc), as since returning I have simply been overwhelmed by the amount of enquiries I have been sent in the last week or so and I am currently working through them all as quickly as possible. I can only apologise for any delay in my replies and hope I can clear all outstanding messages very soon.

Many thanks once again,

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 16:21   #292
aslan
From far away

Appreciate the feedback on the situation over there Rufe.

I made my payment two days ago and have not received a reply that and was wondering if everything was fine. Now I know how busy you guys were. You guys must be the top performing volvo parts center in UK! I see the parts dept here pretty relaxed.

Anyway I called asking for you (you were the only person I know there) and a very helpful colleague of yours picked up my call. He was very patient entertaining my calls as I had some problems with the payment. It took a while for me to catch his thick British English but he was helpful and friendly all the way.

In the end I totally forgot to ask for his name! Maybe he did mention it but I can't remember. To whoever your friend is, many thanks from me!

Last edited by aslan; Jan 13th, 2011 at 16:28.
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aslan For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 16:21   #293
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Yet again, super fast service - from picking up the phone, to payment being taken and call ending - under 3 mins!

As always, super fast service, knew exactly what I was after (Rufe with his quick reply to the parts request, and whoever it was on the phone for breezing through the call!)

I bet parts will be here by Wednesday - then I've just gotta find time to fit them!

to Rufe and the Team!
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 23:38   #294
aslan
From far away

Wanted to say even thought I'm 6,579.79 miles away, I'm impressed with the service given considering how busy they are.

Package arrived safely and in good order yesterday. I will be doing more business with them for sure.

Many thanks to Rufe and also to his mates, Mike and Jeff for their hard work
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aslan For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 11:32   #295
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Parts have just turned up! Thank you guys!!!
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 17:23   #296
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Great price and service, just a shame you guys use Royal Mail.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 12:27   #297
Rufe
TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
Great price and service, just a shame you guys use Royal Mail.
Thank you very much for your feedback, and I would like to explain why we use Royal Mail.

We generally use Royal Mail for hundreds of small items each month, and in all honesty we have had very few problems over the years, I believe only 1 item in 4 or 5 years has gone missing completely which we are currently claiming for (a long winded process), and some items have been delayed but have got there within 2 weeks which is within their accepted limit for 1st class items. I'm not exaggerating this but it is less than 1% we have had any issue with, we have had more complaints about DHL, who again they also have a very low percentage of issues compared to volume.

We do use DHL where we can, generally for anything bulky, for over 2 or 3 Kgs basically*, but for smaller items we send everything either 1st class recorded delivery or for higher value items we send next day special delivery) costing the customer between £1.40 and £7.99, which can be considerably less than the DHL charge. If anyone would prefer to pay the £10.00 DHL charge then we are always happy to do this, and some customers do request DHL even when we have quoted a lot cheaper going by Royal Mail.

(*The only exceptions are addresses which DHL charge a lot more than standard to deliver to, certain Scottish highland postcodes, and addresses off the mainland, so we use Parcelforce 48 where possible then as a compromise)

I hope this clears this up a bit, Royal Mail can be a bit hit and miss in some areas it appears, but so can any courier company too. I have looked into using other suppliers for taking small item orders but have found it difficult to find someone with no minimum order value, and who will give us a monthly credit account, but to no avail.

If anyone knows of a company that we could use instead of Royal Mail please let me know, I am going to look into it when I get chance, I would like to use a company that we have 1 or maybe 2 fixed prices for everything up to a certain weight basically, it would make creating quotes that little bit easier for me.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, we really do always appreciate it.

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 13:06   #298
hunty

Thanks for sorting my Bearing carrier and backing plate with all the shoes and gubbings Simon! And pass on my thanks to Jeff also! Two top blokes, I would say that though as you have just saved me £100!!!!!! Shame I can't buy you a pint or two down at the local, my sincere thanks will have to surfice. Much appreciated.

P.S. The price I said didn't include the VAT, you was right, my mate told me to get the lot from you

Neil
V70 D5 SE
hunty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hunty For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 14:07   #299
Bendolfc
Premier Member

My issue with Royal Mail is sometimes it will be hard to arrange for someone to be home to sign for the item and the collections office (my one anyway) is only open till 1PM except on Wednesdays when it's open until 8 - well according to the card they leave, when I went at 6PM it was closed.

Frustrating and you can't phone them to have a moan as it's a stupid automated line. Hopefully someone might be home on Saturday for another delivery attempt but if not will have to see what happens.

Granted it probably works well for 99.9% of customers and I'd have been happy with them too had they been open at their advertised time.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 14:07   #300
93240se
VOC Member 3801

Thumbs up Frf

Just received a part from FRF, my first time. Excellent service both from FRF and Royal Mail. Don't know why people are so keen to knock RM, wait till its "privatised" then see what the new owners make of the universal service obligation. Simon's answer explains that DHL pick and choose where to deliver, same as most courier companies.

Regards, Richard.
93240se is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 93240se For This Useful Post:

Tags
discounted parts, frf, genuine parts, good service, mail order, simon, volvo parts