Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1963 Amazon 122 for sale

Views : 3215

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2015, 11:02   #11
merquin

Default hi hutch

are you domtrad on e-mail? if so you're the last person i was asked via txt to send pics to and i did last week.. i have been asked to send pics by a number of people and i have always sent these as requested. try texting me again with your e-mail and i'll get on the case :-)
merquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 22:59   #12
merquin

Default Hutch

Ok you pm'ed me recently. I tried to respond but the forum won't allow me for some reason.. Anyway send me your email add via txt and I'll send you some pics if ur still interested
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 23:37   #13
OvlovS70
Still a learning member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merquin View Post
Ok you pm'ed me recently. I tried to respond but the forum won't allow me for some reason.. Anyway send me your email add via txt and I'll send you some pics if ur still interested
Hello,
To PM there is a 30 post rule in place.
Post a message here to have your count increased:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99800
GLWTS
Cheers
OvlovS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OvlovS70 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 8th, 2015, 09:49   #14
merquin

Default Listed on ebay

..in case anyone is interested. I'd also be interested to receive any comments on the listing, how it's been presented, value (I haven't a clue regarding this), etc. Any comments gratefully received!

Cheers

Mark
Old Sep 24th, 2015, 16:21   #15
merquin

Angry b@***y ebay

well, i've listed this twice now. hundreds of watchers (why!?), the occasional awkward question i've tried my best to answer, with no response. a few phone calls making arrangements to come and view and then not turning up. a few messages and e-mails telling me it's not a 122 (it's registered as a 122 so what else am i supposed to describe it as?!) someone basically calling me late one night for a chat about his old cars he's had in the past...nightmare.

anyway, this is still for sale. it's basically a nice old car. which runs really well that needs tlc and a good home. i am open to offers as frankly i really need the cash and for another deserving owner to come along and give this old girl the attention she deserves....anyone? failing this, any ideas on where/how i might sell and/or any comments on what i might be doing wrong? i would really appreciate any constructive comments..cheers, mark.
Old Sep 24th, 2015, 16:39   #16
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

hi ya

any links , price , or most importantly images to the car without viewing it in more detail i cannot help at this point as so many listed atm on ebay .....

will give any help when i can view more of the car but at this point all i can say is its a four door amazon so not so desirable on the open market and the color combo white with blue interior is maybe putting some folk off ...

kind regards
robert.w

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Sep 24th, 2015 at 16:42.
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2015, 16:42   #17
merquin

Default ebay link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1916933600...84.m1562.l2649
The Following User Says Thank You to merquin For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 24th, 2015, 17:07   #18
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

hi ya

yeah some door and sill work needed aswell as rear end body work , but i really like the look of it , i think as its the crossover spec its not the right early with nice early grills which for an early example is the one most want .

with minor money spent you could m.o.t the car which would help the sale and also on the side shot photo it higlights the bodyshape ie front drivers door needing some close attention needed, its a case of you want to sell but want as much as possbile for the car i would imagine .

i would say top price around at present is between £1.000 - £1,300 and any new owner relise the interior is ok and needed no upholstering money spent on it so lean towards the top end of price but if the right new owner comes along then its upto you like if the car will be in good ownership and have money spent on restoration with a garage in play for the car to be kept in dry it helps i find.

but with little money stick to your guns otherwise get the old girl through a m.o.t and re advertise its ready then to drive away and the new owner can enjoy for a while then at right time take her off the road and restore her at their time they whish thats basicly everything in a nutshell and from what i can see being a ex south africa car means nothing from images as its needing some bodywork also was sometime ago so its null and void from this point in time .

sorry if its not any help but wanted to give you my points another very good thing in its favor is its 12v system very nice to work with compared to a 6v etc

if it was me i would m.o.t and give people the chance to chose which path to go and you spend little money oppessed to a restoration which is the last and much needed path but the car be used still for a year or so still with some prep to stop the tin worm getting anyworse.

over to you and good luck

kind regards
robert.w

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
Old Sep 24th, 2015, 17:11   #19
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

The car would look really really good with a black roof

if anyone is half in mind it works very well

come on folk if you want a four door amazon step on up and grab it while its hot

kind regards
robert.w

Old Sep 24th, 2015, 20:57   #20
pphilpot
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merquin View Post
well, i've listed this twice now. hundreds of watchers (why!?), the occasional awkward question i've tried my best to answer, with no response.
Hi Mark – I was one of the people that asked a question, mine was the query about whether it was sitting low at the rear (which the photographs makes it appear to be), and you answered very briefly with "Hi, no."

I'm hoping to be constructive here, and not criticize, but as a potential buyer I would have preferred a little more information, and so I chose not to bid as I was left wondering what potential problems may not be mentioned simply due to lack of effort in the description.

I also feared that as it had been renovated, but the paintwork was showing evidence of rust, what horrors lay underneath, if the bodywork wasn't prepared properly during the restoration.

As I said, this isn't meant to criticize, just my feelings as one of the interested parties.
pphilpot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pphilpot For This Useful Post: