Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sleeper...........he he he!

Views : 3205

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 13th, 2009, 20:00   #21
captain sensible
Bitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonc View Post
not really, but it does concentrate the mind somewhat when you have helped shovel a few people into body bags etc caused by inadequate dickheads trying to prove my cars faster than yours on the public roads , as said ,if you wanna race get on the track
how about you go back to thinking about your day job and we will carry on having fun. because to be honest you are boring
used to own:95&96 850 t5,Sumex Cone, Bailey DV, Reverse IC, IPD top mount, Ferrita cat back, forge blanking plate, strut brace, drilled/groovy disks, 350cc@3 bar blue tops, lowered, bilstein HD's front and rear.AlanM rear strut brace
captain sensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 23:47   #22
Ross9
Master Member

nah he's right enough, we all have a play on the road, but certainly it's rare nigh on never I do these days, old and wise lol.

and even when I did it was a play, too many people think they can prove themselves by just blindly flying around, the road is not the place for that, it's uncontrolled, the variables are unimaginable and it's not on at all. Everyone with a fast car will play at some point, the skill is knowing where your limit is, and knowing where the limit of the a play is (which is a smidgen of what you can get away with on a track) so stump up the £££ and put your car where your mouth is
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:54   #23
captain sensible
Bitty?

I cannot be asked to argue with someone who hijacks a thread with all negative input calling people morons etc. just because he has some stress related trauma from his job does not mean he can go round ranting. im sure he can stick up for himself

Also, I never race, I just enjoy having a car thats unrestricted and as for the track, I dont love my car that much lol
used to own:95&96 850 t5,Sumex Cone, Bailey DV, Reverse IC, IPD top mount, Ferrita cat back, forge blanking plate, strut brace, drilled/groovy disks, 350cc@3 bar blue tops, lowered, bilstein HD's front and rear.AlanM rear strut brace
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:59   #24
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonc View Post
not really, but it does concentrate the mind somewhat when you have helped shovel a few people into body bags etc caused by inadequate dickheads trying to prove my cars faster than yours on the public roads , as said ,if you wanna race get on the track
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain sensible View Post
how about you go back to thinking about your day job and we will carry on having fun. because to be honest you are boring
If your family had been killed by somebody racing on the roads or trying to show off then your attitude would be completely different.

as others have said, theres playing within the road and your own safety limits, anything else is just pure foolishness.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:16   #25
captain sensible
Bitty?

Quote:
I cannot be asked to argue with someone who hijacks a thread with all negative input calling people morons etc. just because he has some stress related trauma from his job does not mean he can go round ranting. im sure he can stick up for himself

Also, I never race, I just enjoy having a car thats unrestricted and as for the track, I dont love my car that much lol

I agree with him about racing being dangerous, I just dont like his manners

AMF!
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:25   #26
Blue 8
Premier Member

Quote:

like the rs4 that overtook me but was too much of a pussy to actually race.
Or maybe he just could not see the point , wouldn`t exactly be proving a lot by leaving you behind would he ;-)

Ruby-red pearl 854 GLT 2.5 20v 62k.....Andy
Blue 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:40   #27
captain sensible
Bitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 8 View Post
Or maybe he just could not see the point , wouldn`t exactly be proving a lot by leaving you behind would he ;-)
Very true lol to be honest I had no idea of the engine size or that it had twin turbo's till I googled it, a very awesome car! bout time volvo bought something similar out, that would be cool!
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:45   #28
captain sensible
Bitty?

all im saying to simon is relax
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:53   #29
Blue 8
Premier Member

Quote:
Very true lol to be honest I had no idea of the engine size or that it had twin turbo's till I googled it, a very awesome car! bout time volvo bought something similar out, that would be cool!
The thing to remember fella, is that most people know just how capable the likes of the RS4/M3/5 etc are, where as yours ok it might not be in that league , but as you say its a sleeper and in its class a very capable one, and in my book thats what counts and 241 bhp at the wheels all be it the wrong ones ;-) aint to be sniffed at

Ruby-red pearl 854 GLT 2.5 20v 62k.....Andy

Last edited by Blue 8; May 14th, 2009 at 08:55.
Blue 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:19   #30
captain sensible
Bitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 8 View Post
The thing to remember fella, is that most people know just how capable the likes of the RS4/M3/5 etc are, where as yours ok it might not be in that league , but as you say its a sleeper and in its class a very capable one, and in my book thats what counts and 241 bhp at the wheels all be it the wrong ones ;-) aint to be sniffed at
yep, I wish it were rwd and as you say its a sleeper, thats where I get my kicks,
maybe its a case of you are what you drive? I drive a volvo, so I know on these forums im in good company