Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Stratstone Volvo-Preston & Manchester Closing End Of October

Views : 17269

Replies : 90

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 27th, 2008, 00:43   #21
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

That's an interesting point actually...perhaps VCUK have given Stratstone the boot.

I would certainly add my name to the list of people in favour of that happening. It strikes me that VCUK have quite a problem with, for want of a better way of putting it, crap dealers. In my experience some are excellent, but far too many are 'troubled'.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 01:13   #22
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
That's an interesting point actually...perhaps VCUK have given Stratstone the boot.

I would certainly add my name to the list of people in favour of that happening. It strikes me that VCUK have quite a problem with, for want of a better way of putting it, crap dealers. In my experience some are excellent, but far too many are 'troubled'.

cheers

James
Quite agree James.....
I have been a constant critisist of the Stratstones franchise (call it what you want) The Ilford/Barkingside lot closed down a year or so ago which thankfully sent me too lookers in chelmsford who were fab (they closed down, is it me....?) The staff were rude and unhelpful, one of them even ordered his lunch while talking to me.....
Troubled James....?, i think your other description is more accurate.....
Good riddance to bad rubbish, as my Nan would say.....
Cheers
Jod
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 01:39   #23
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Well indeed. When I finally get around to writing my letter to the MD of VCUK about the excellent day at MRG in July (hangs head in shame...), I will be making this point...

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 11:59   #24
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Talking

Quote:
When I finally get around to writing my letter to the MD of VCUK about the excellent day at MRG in July (hangs head in shame...), I will be making this point...
Good on you James and if it of any relavence the guy wanted a Big Mac meal with diet coke..... Cheers Jod
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 13:28   #25
Weezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin derby uk View Post
i have a funny feeling stratstone derby will also be closing too, as theres a new office complex do to be built next year. i do know that car sale's and servicing are realy down in derby.mind you £90 lab + vat= what a put off.
Evans Halshaw have taken over from Stratstones of Burton with worse reviews than Stratstones !!!!
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 13:31   #26
Mercmanuk

I believe Rybrook at Warrington are the only dealer in the north west that are staying open so thats a trip to Warrington for me, the guys at Stratstone new car sales where great to me but i respect others opinions because the worst customer service by far is Mercedes Benz

There was talk of opening a large center in Manchester for Volvo as VC say they are not happy that they have no representation in this area, they could be losing thousands.

i hope they open one as at the moment the car is running fine and no mist on the front screen as yet LOL....

Regards mark.
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 21:33   #27
Multiplex

Quote:

cheers

James
VCUK never had a problem with the dealers involved before Stratstone/Pendragon come along with their so called management team of over-paid under-graduates and ruined everything, not only for the customers but also for some very experienced and long term serving employees within the Volvo franchise.

The problem isn’t "The Dealers" its how they are being managed and told to operate from the powers above!!

Bring back the old days of proper management ie: managers that know how the auto industry operates and care for the customers not their own pockets!

VCUK (or someone) need’s to do something in the areas affected before they lose not only their customers but some highly trained and long term serving employees!
Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 22:07   #28
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
Evans Halshaw have taken over from Stratstones of Burton with worse reviews than Stratstones !!!!
That's strange , Evans Halshaw ARE pendragon .. unless things have changed recently ..
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 22:34   #29
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiplex View Post
VCUK never had a problem with the dealers involved before Stratstone/Pendragon come along with their so called management team of over-paid under-graduates and ruined everything, not only for the customers but also for some very experienced and long term serving employees within the Volvo franchise.

The problem isn’t "The Dealers" its how they are being managed and told to operate from the powers above!!

Bring back the old days of proper management ie: managers that know how the auto industry operates and care for the customers not their own pockets!

VCUK (or someone) need’s to do something in the areas affected before they lose not only their customers but some highly trained and long term serving employees!
I agree with every single word you say and there is a lot more that could be said of managment techniques and certain named mid managment persons and their 60's style of bullying but certainly not on here ! Regarding your last paragraph they havent cared about either since 2005 only profits at any cost and , customers and loyal long term employees have long gone elsewhere either to family run businesses or to other makes of car ... Lets hope for an upturn in the new year with new managment.
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 00:50   #30
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

For what it's worth...when I said "crap dealers", that was not directed at any particular group of employees. Although I have encountered poor techs (my favourite being the guy who didn't know what an S70 was, and kept asking me if I meant S60...), I have heard very much the same thing re: management from friends working at some dealers. New management & sales staff have been sent in (by VCUK, I believe)...and their techniques are..."alientating".

If you ask me, VCUK would do well to listen to what their customers value - in my case, experience, dedication, and a geniune interest in your car, whether it's an XC60 (my housemate says he saw one 'in the wild' the other day) or a PV. If they were to analyse why customers are so happy with the likes of FRF and MRG, they may start to see a pattern...

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164