Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 lack of response to accelerator

Views : 38688

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2012, 20:30   #21
exasperated

Does anyone know whether this affects any of the later models ie MY11 or MY12?
Old May 20th, 2012, 20:44   #22
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exasperated View Post
Does anyone know whether this affects any of the later models ie MY11 or MY12?
it can do , 2009-11 but most of the failures seem to have taken place now , volvo have improved reliability for 2012 models to what it was before they did something that decresed it's reliability in 2009 ! ( different supplier maybe ) .
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 22:13   #23
darbs
XC60 Owner

anyone know how long this fix takes? i'm away from home - about 200 miles and it's happened. same time as "maint required msg" has appeared strangely, which i have booked in for next friday. it currently seems to drive normal after about a mile of driving, but it's a real pain and don't want to have to drive home with it. if its a quick thing, i'll give the local dealer a tinkle.. assuming any dealer can do warranty work?
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 01:19   #24
Vecais

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
anyone know how long this fix takes? i'm away from home - about 200 miles and it's happened. same time as "maint required msg" has appeared strangely, which i have booked in for next friday. it currently seems to drive normal after about a mile of driving, but it's a real pain and don't want to have to drive home with it. if its a quick thing, i'll give the local dealer a tinkle.. assuming any dealer can do warranty work?
The fix is quick, but I had to wait more than a week for them to get the parts. It may be different in your side of the world.
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:58   #25
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecais View Post
The fix is quick, but I had to wait more than a week for them to get the parts. It may be different in your side of the world.
good point. the most local dealer to me now is about 30 miles away, so i think i'll leave it for the service next friday. i've given them a heads up, so hopefully they'll have the part in. in any case, they seem to think they can get most parts to their workshop in a couple of hours.... perhaps one the advantages of a london dealer?
82 Metro 1.0
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 21:51   #26
darbs
XC60 Owner

made it home, car was only in limp mode for first couple of minutes or so or about a mile. was fine on A roads and motorways. funny how it started at same time "book time for maintenance" message appeared. i can't help thinking the 2 are linked, but i guess it's just coincidence.

volvo are picking the car up friday. coming from north west to south east london. hope they realise it's the opening day of some kind of event taking place in london this summer.
82 Metro 1.0
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 22:52   #27
Tony60
TonyA

[QUOTE=DBGlos;684434]Hi everyone

Have been over the moon with the XC60 - had it just over a year now - marvellous!

Now I've got the rising oil level problem - hopefully in on Saturday but cant help thinking that I'm wearing my bearings with diluted oil no matter what the technician says!

Anyway on to my problem... thought I was imagining it at first. The car is a geartronic btw

Driving home late one night and couldn't decide whether the accelerator pedal felt right... or rather the response to my input or lack of it! Accelerating out of a roundabout into a country road and the car didn't seem to want to 'go' just no response. I put it down to paranoia and the fact that I was steering at the time and perhaps the 'brain' though it a bad idea to accelerate at that point on a bend...

But it is happening more and more until tonight it was almost unresponsive.... I can only liken it to my teenage years VW beetle... no acceleration you just get slowly faster! The revs would slowly go up to about 3500 and it sounded as though the geartronic didn't want to change up and the car sort of pootled along. It did it repeatedly with my foot slammed to the floor - nothing! Neither did I have any warning lights/messages on the dash of any form!

Stopped the car as soon as I could pull in and switched off then restarted the car and all was fine - pushing the pedal to the floor then brought on the shove in the back and kickdown I am used to!

Any ideas what the heck is happening here? It seems a bit random and I just know that the car will behave beautifully when it goes in to the dealer on Saturday so would like some idea of what might be the problem as the car is giving me no indication that anything is wrong apart from the lack of guts!

Clues anyone?[/QUOTE ask your dealer they know of this fault I had it and dealer put a new some kind of sensor on it , it was something to do with the particulate filter tempreture I think
Tony60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:31   #28
imz

Hi Guys,

I would like to apologise if anyone feels I am taking over a thread just need some help please.

Need help please got a fault code ccm-0009 which is 'fan motor passenger compartment temperature sesnsor blocked'?

Quick questions:

Would this effect the performance of the car?
Where is this sensor?

I have a Rica remap but it just will not respond, the gas pedal feels like a brick to push like it is being resisted.

My other 2 fault codes are:
CEM-3A00 - ECM, software faulty signal
ECM-C301 - Control module, faulty software checksum

Both these faults clear if I remove the Rica remap but Rica have advised they are normal on a remapped car and would not be the cause of the lack of performance.

The car is an 2005 Euro5 S40 2.0d 136bhp with a dpf

Any advice please guys?

Thanks in advance
imz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:35   #29
jimbg
Master Member

Post on the S40 forum....
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 13:04   #30
imz

Angry