Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

After 5 years would you buy another Volvo

Views : 3450

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Would you own another volvo
Yes 47 82.46%
Not 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 11th, 2021, 06:58   #21
Tober

Yes this is my first Volvo and I think that I would buy another but ….. the price of a Volvo EV is prohibitive (sure all EV’s seem the same). I want to move from PHEV to full EV but costs mean that this shift will be to a used car.
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 22:15   #22
GrahamHR

I was going to remove the siren ( a fault for 5 months or so). Today I started the car to check whether the ABS problem message had returned No. No warning messages on the dash about an alarm malfunction either !!! Surely due to the siren, warmer temperatures and the cr*p batteries have regained some voltage? According to the V70 section, many cars use the same siren a FoMoCo part). Landrover, Mazda, Ford, Jaguar. So no need to use a second hand Volvo one, let alone a new Volvo one.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 09:28   #23
GrahamHR

Alarm malfunction message is back; low temperature overnight and today !
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 09:08   #24
cbarrow

My Volvo ownership spans 30 years and this is my 6th Volvo (now in a 2012 S60). I doubt I would buy another newer Volvo though, which is a shame. I feel that the build quality has gone down and the prices gone up. For example, I had a glance at a new V60 estate and discovered it costs the same as a Jaguar XF Sportsbrake (for equivalent engine size). To be honest, I think in this category/price point, the Jag is a far better car (and still made in the UK!). I was getting the tracking done at my local indie garage yesterday and was chatting about various car makes and reliablilty. Their opinion was 'modern Volvos = mostly Ford components'. I'm not saying Volvo are bad cars, not at all. But my next car is likely to be a Jaguar XF or XE. They drive beautifully and Jag reliability has much improved over the years.

Last edited by cbarrow; Jun 17th, 2021 at 09:12.
cbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 13:40   #25
GuidoBrunetti

Default D4 EGR issues

I owned a 2015 D4 XC60 and loved driving the car but never stopped worrying whether I’d get the dreaded EGR blocked message when I needed the car to, for example, get to the airport. Volvo’s failure to declare a recall and their fix on failure approach, despite all the evidence pointing to a design fault, is reprehensible for a supposed premium brand. I had an extended 5 year warranty and as soon as it close to expiry I got rid of the car. I’ll never buy another Volvo.
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 23:05   #26
eagle58

If I smash up my C70 then yes, I'd buy another one.
eagle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 23:06   #27
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Stormy coming up to 7 years in August. First Volvo after over 300k miles in 3 x Saabs.

Owned from new: fabulous motor!

Just had a plethora of messages pop up....all caused by one faulty sensor: under £250 to fix, the only non-service bill of the past couple of years - we love our Volvo - it owes us nothing!

Would certainly consider replacing with another Volvo, but contrary to a few folk here, I would want electric - our other car is a Kona EV, and is a magnificent vehicle!
That said...the Ioniq 5 might be a decent replacement one day for Stormy....who knows.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 11:38   #28
iain cooper

Recently changed my XC60 after 6 years of enjoyable ownership.

Decided on a hybrid, and after much research, etc went for a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.

Only had it for just over a month, but so far very impressed 👍

Would I buy another Volvo, yes I would, no major complaints with my XC60.

Iain

Last edited by iain cooper; Jul 3rd, 2021 at 13:56.
iain cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 22:26   #29

Have owned my V40 D4 Lux Nav, Winter Pack, Polestar engine & suspension for 7 years & 80k miles. It made staying with Volvo a non-brainer, although I fear the new bub being half as good as the former. I love my car.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote