Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 D3 ABS Issue

Views : 466

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 20th, 2021, 18:53   #1
gjb0535

Default V60 D3 ABS Issue

ABS.jpgI have an ABS issue with my 2012 V60 D3.

Changed both front wheel bearings but broke the nearside front ABS sensor when trying to remove it to change the bearing. I replaced the sensor with a black one but strangely there is a white one on the offside.

Since then when you drive the car above 20mph the dtsc and abs warning lights appear.

The fault code i get is C003007 left front tone wheel general failure. I loosened the driveshaft bolt and pulled the driveshaft out at the hub end to check the plastic abs ring and it does not appear to have any teeth missing.

When you drive the car to record both front abs sensor data the speed graph for the near side sensor is jagged and not smooth like the offside one which is working fine.

I am aware there are 2 types of sensor 31423572 with VP05 and 30748149 without VP05. Does anybody know what VP05 is.

Any advice would be appreciated.
gjb0535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 22:33   #2
GrahamHR

I'm not surprised you broke the ABS sender; assembled at the factory without lubricant/ corrosion protection into a steel component; rust makes them impossible to remove in 1 piece.

For some reason that I am unaware of the RHS and LHS sensors need to be different. Hence the different colour to make it easier in the factory. Black on the nearside (UK), grey on the offside. Aftermarket, much cheaper ones than OEM work fine and conform to the colour code.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2021, 18:05   #3
gjb0535

update

I have tried 2 new sensors and still get the tone wheel code. There do not appear to be any teeth missing on the abs ring and when I log data it records the speed of the nsf front wheel albeit the graph has some jagged edges on it.

Any ideas.
gjb0535 is offline   Reply With Quote