Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon Estate Rolling Project

Views : 69472

Replies : 599

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 3rd, 2011, 21:41   #21
pez
VOC Member

great project mitch!
hopefully this weekend i,ll be bringing mine home from a place where i store it,all it needs now is just painting.
still a multi coloured estate!! had to replace the wings with good secondhand ones last year. and sills still in primer!
put headrests in it last weekend,no more laurel and hardy!!

pez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 21:44   #22
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Looks pretty neat considering though. Any more pics and plans?
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 21:52   #23
pez
VOC Member

i started a thread on it last year mitch,under the name of..trailered my amazon estate today...it will be a few pages back on this forum though,not updated it for a while!!
all the metal work has been done,still got mot and tax on it from last year,i just dont use it during the winter.
all it needs now is just painting,then the new bumpers ive got putting on and thats pretty much it!
hopefully this weekend i,ll bring it back up to my place,then ive got a couple of local places to go for quotes on the painting.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 21:56   #24
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Ah yes I remember. You've done very well!!! Are you renewing any of the bright work or interior? If so have you got any recommendations?
Old May 3rd, 2011, 22:04   #25
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Pez,

Just had a look over your thread, nice looking job and the interior looks great. Did you source the interior from VP? It will look spot on after the new paint job!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 22:09   #26
Dibble
VOC Member

Hi Mitch, Get in touch with Simon at Brookhouse Volvo or Rob and Emma at Amazon cars. Both lots very good to deal with although I think Simon might be a bit cheaper overall. Their knowledge is also excellent as is their level of service. Would recommend both without hesitation.
I used to go onto VP Autoparts.SE and check out the parts and prices. Divide by 10 and you will have a reasonably accurate price. I think they might also supply Brookhouse and Amazon Cars but not sure. You could also try MotorOldies in Sweden. Been there. Lots of stock and all speak English. Worth checking around for prices.
Keep the pictures coming and keep us updated with your progress. We might get to meet up soon.
Cheers
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old May 3rd, 2011, 22:19   #27
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

I think I recognise that JAK 61F car. Did it once live in or around Exeter? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on my travels..
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 23:02   #28
pez
VOC Member

cheers mitch,the interior is pretty mint,as the seats have had covers on them for the last 30years! eventually id like to rechrome the grilles or maybe buy new ones if possible? as already been said though,speak to brookhouse or amazon cars regarding the things youre after,both very helpful. swedishdangerman...the car belonged to my late grandfather for over 30 years,lived in the west yorkshire area,in fact all prevoius owners were from west and north yorkshire.
The Following User Says Thank You to pez For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:05   #29
gillberry
VOC Member

As Dibble says Rob and Emma at amazon cars (we used them for nearly all the bits we needed not much doesn't come off the shelf) or Simon at Brookhouse . As to interior we priced up the correct vinyl interior only to realise a good local trimmer can do it in leather just as cheap .

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
gillberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gillberry For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:14   #30
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Thanks Gillberry! I'm waiting on a price from VP for a new interior but my trimmer has quoted me a price previously for leather which was very reasonable I thought and as you say leather. With VP I'd need to do it myself but the trimmer is very experienced and would do a good job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post: