Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ipod kit IMiV

Views : 692

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 17th, 2011, 21:53   #1
davidjpowell

Default Ipod kit IMiV

Hi

I've been a secret user of the site having bought an S80 2.4 SE recently and have been working through some issues.

Most importantly (obviously)... was an Ipod Kit. Did some research from here.

Tried various options, some of which despite claiming to be compatible were not. Finally tried the IMiV.

I am very impressed. Ordered Tuesday night, arrived Friday morning from Canada. All cables included, even a small loom with power takeoff so no need to find a 12v source.

Mixed with a no holes dashboard mount, and an iphone holder with a pass through dock connection, it's pretty much perfect and far cheaper than for instance the equivalent MB interface.

Would definitely recommend.
davidjpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:09   #2
pukka88
Yes it's a diesel!

Hi, I'm thinking of getting one of these too for my S60 (but the all singing all dancing version to work with my built in OEM Sat Nav screen). Did you have to pay import tax, how much and how long did it take to fit?
thanks
pukka88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:16   #3
davidjpowell

No import tax, unless that bill is to follow - quite possible as Royal Mail would never keep up with the speed of the delivery.

Fitting was free as I did it myself. It was very easy. No cutting needed, just plug in. Took an hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to davidjpowell For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 15:54   #4
Eryljones1

David - I too have a S80 2.4 and want to sort out iPhone kit. Which IMiv kit did you use? and did you get the no holes dashboard mount, and an iphone holder with a pass through dock connection from IMiv as well?
Your answer will help me be sure to orde the correct bits.
Eryl
Eryljones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 18:12   #5
davidjpowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryljones1 View Post
David - I too have a S80 2.4 and want to sort out iPhone kit. Which IMiv kit did you use? and did you get the no holes dashboard mount, and an iphone holder with a pass through dock connection from IMiv as well?
Your answer will help me be sure to orde the correct bits.
Eryl
IMiV Light Ipod connection.

Carcomm bracket - http://www.pdaplus.nl/en/carcomm-app...s-through.html - you can get them through a UK distributor, but every Carcomm product I have ordered through them they have let me down. Hence I use the NL distributor who deliver to UK.

No Holes Mount - I ordered this http://www.dashmount.co.uk/index.php...0-June-06.html -

The only thing that I have is some phone interference. I think this is because I routed the wire between the IMiV control unit and Iphone under the stereo. Going to have to re-route this under the glovebox.
The Following User Says Thank You to davidjpowell For This Useful Post: