Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vida/Dice buying advice

Views : 1891

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2022, 18:16   #11
Simmy
Premier Member

you will need to configure dice to vida program. min 4 gig needed to run vida succesfully
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2022, 16:47   #12
Teddy1975

I can now confirm that the linked DICE in the first post works. I've just been reading out the detailed vehicle configuration from my V50.

Does anyone know if when VIDA states Particle Filter For Diesel: Yes, with ADM, that the car then has a tank for eolys? I couldn't see one when I had it serviced and the mechanic seemed confident that it didn't have one, but it wasn't a Volvo garage I went to.

I'll have to poke around in VIDA some more another day, today was just a quick test to see if the DICE worked.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddy1975 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 16:52   #13
Rippli

Can you remember which DICE you bought? - The link is not working.
Did you have a dry DPF system?
Thanks
Rippli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 17:05   #14
iainmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy1975 View Post
I can now confirm that the linked DICE in the first post works. I've just been reading out the detailed vehicle configuration from my V50.

Does anyone know if when VIDA states Particle Filter For Diesel: Yes, with ADM, that the car then has a tank for eolys? I couldn't see one when I had it serviced and the mechanic seemed confident that it didn't have one, but it wasn't a Volvo garage I went to.

I'll have to poke around in VIDA some more another day, today was just a quick test to see if the DICE worked.
ADM is Additive Dosing Module so , yes, your car should have an EOLYS tank on top of the rear axle.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iainmd For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 18:36   #15
Teddy1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippli View Post
Can you remember which DICE you bought? - The link is not working.
Not surprising. Most Aliexpress shops only last a year or so before they're gone again. The DICE I bought looks like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005589634979.html

In the more expensive Full Chips DICE option, which I know works for reading out codes and resetting them. I have no clue if the cheaper version works at all.

If this is your first time buying from AliE, then please know that you can't really trust positive feedback left by alleged buyers, and that you should use only PayPal to pay with as they will honour disputes and give you back your money, whereas AliExpress often settle disputes to the seller's benefit regardless of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippli View Post
Did you have a dry DPF system?
Thanks
iainmd is correct, I do have a wet DPF system, although it doesn't seem to use any Eloys at all. My car is cursed and regens the DPF for every 135-140 km now.

Last edited by Teddy1975; Apr 17th, 2024 at 18:40.
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 19:03   #16
Simmy
Premier Member

the eloys system only uses a miniscule amount it should last many thousands of miles im sure someone will chime in with the figure for a full eloys tank.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 19:57   #17
Teddy1975

I drive about 30,000 km per year and have had the car 2.5 years. The last time I tried to have the Eolys tank refilled it ran out of the overflow pipe almost immediately after starting and I'd done at least 20k at the time.

I'm thinking something isn't working with the dosing, but there aren't any errors in Vida and when I took it to a Volvo garage they claimed my car is very special for its age being completely healthy, despite the very frequent regens that takes place. I do about 100 km of motorway driving at 120-135 km/h plus 60 km of dual carriageway 70-90 km/h 3 times a week when I go to work, so I wouldn't think it's my way of driving that is the cause of this.

Apart from the frequent regens and going into limp mode when pushed too hard while getting onto the motorway, I'm quite happy with the car.