Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

French air quality sticker

Views : 375

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2017, 17:54   #1
thuylinhphuong

Default French air quality sticker

I'm just about to apply for this to enable entry to several French cities. Anyone completed it yet?
https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/
thuylinhphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2017, 20:54   #2
Whyman
Premier Member

Yes got mine in June for our last trip to France.

Biggest problem I had was getting the image of the V5 down to the max size requirement.

One competed on line it was delivered in about 5 days.
Old Sep 1st, 2017, 22:54   #3
Whippy
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyman View Post
Yes got mine in June for our last trip to France.

Biggest problem I had was getting the image of the V5 down to the max size requirement.

One competed on line it was delivered in about 5 days.
Done mine , easy, got in in five days.
Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 00:17   #4
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

What if you don't have a Euro engine car, do you just risk the 8eu fine?
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 08:56   #5
soleil

Took photo of the V5 on the phone - was able to reduce file size sending it to the computer to attach to the form being sent off.
Some of the wording on the French form takes a bit of working out as I recall the layout order is not the same as the V5? One entry I had problems with and left it blank - the photo of the V5 seemed to satisfy the French authorities as the sticker arrived soon after. (can't remember which line)
Did people place it on the left or right of the UK windscreen? Placed ours passenger side thinking about driving regulations here in UK.
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 09:15   #6
xsaab
Master Member

I have a German sticker as well as the French sticker. WE have stuck each one to a rectangle of clear plastic and then can place the plastic rectangle into the carpark ticket holder on the RH side of the windscreen - which is of course pavement side when driving in the EU. No doubt a jobsworth official might get oaficious but given the small amount of time spent in alien territory I think that we will get away with it.
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xsaab For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 19:27   #7
rustytoba
Master Member

Interesting, thankfully having drove through Paris by mistake a number of years ago and never feeling the need to repeat the sensation the added incentive of a €135 fine for doing so confirms that its best avoided.

However it does seem a little annoying that having a car of a certain vintage limits you to certain parts of the world. Luckily I have only encountered one LEZ episode while holidaying through the continent, that happened to be in Bremen where I was asked for a proof of my hotel reservation as a way of proving that I had a legitimate reason for driving in Bremen with a car that did not meet the local LEZ standards or rather did not have a rather nice coloured sticker on the boot.

More annoying would be that fact that even if I wanted an LEZ sticker for France, Germany or perhaps the UK, regardless of the country you are asked when applying for the age of the vehicle or a Euro rating of its engine and not the actual emissions that the engine pumps out even though each year our cars are tested as such and have documentary evidence to prove how polluting or otherwise our cars are, there are plenty of fairly new cars out there that kick out a hell of a stink compared to my 240 with nearly thirty years under its wheels and I'm not even mentioning so called cleaner diesels that before their first MOT end up smelling as bad as an old ERF at the local fair.

Just a thought

Scott
rustytoba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rustytoba For This Useful Post: