Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hello everybody....

Views : 707

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2006, 22:51   #1
Jeremy Hocking

Hello all,

been hiding in the shadows reading post after post, but thought I'd better step into the light and say hello to everyone.

I have been a company car driver for the last 6 years (Renault Scenic Mk1 and Mk2, handy for a growing family.) Two years ago I imported my own Mitsubishi Pajero and had fun for a while but had to sell it to buy the wife a people carrier (Scenic Mk1) hence I no longer need one and it's time for Dad to have some fun again......

Looking for an 850 T5, got my eye on one at the moment but having trouble getting hold of the guy (Trade) not answering his phone so either busy or gone bust!!!!?

VOLVO 850 T5 2.3 GLE Turbo 5dr Auto , 5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Petrol, 1995 M Reg , 133,000 miles. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Child locks, Climate Control, Colour coding - Body, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Foglights, Full service history, Heated seats, Leather seats, Leather upholstery, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Radio/Cassette, Rear headrests, Traction control, Wood/wood effect trim. Very good condition for year,a cheap,very quick load carrier. All our cars come with six months warranty,are valeted and come with twelve months MOT. £2,295

does this seem fair to you Volvo experts, my Dads a Vovlo man and drives a V40 2.0 SE on an X plate he seems to think it's slightly high price wise but full service history and 6 month warranty can't be bad surely.....?
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 07:05   #2
barrie013

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
I've just had a quick scan through the ad trader, and the price does seem a bit high. The thing that would concern me is that evevn though this dealer is offering a waaranty, how are you going to get anything fixed if you can't get hold of him ? Also, check the warranty very carefully, as some of them are hardly worth the paper they are written on.
My own personal opinion would be to go for a private sale, and join one of the breakdown services that offer inspections, the RAC were offering a free inspection at one point, I'm not sure if this offer is still open. Bear in mind that a T5 is a complex vehicle, with lots of computerised gizmos, so you need to check that everything is working perfectly when you buy-repairs can be very expensive. For example, the air-con, if its not blowing out icy air, may need hundreds of pounds to get it back into working order.
Good luck with your T5, an excellent choice of car...if I didn't live halfway up a mountain I'd be looking at one for myself.
barrie013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 14:02   #3
Jeremy Hocking

Thanks for the reply and welcome....

looks like this is a non starter, still no answer on the phone or reply from email!

If anyone lives in the Torquay area can you pop round to Broomhill Way and see if this guy is still trading?

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co....=1446&pageid=2

The shame is that if he's gone into receivership they'll probably auction the Volvo locally for peanuts......!