Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOC 'Trip Route' now disappeared?

Views : 3914

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 19:56   #11
steadvex
Master Member

bizarrely, seems to of started working for a lot of them

done 150 or so miles today, ots of short trips click on the overview, half of my route is drawn on the map then a big straight line some 70 miles along the map to my end point, first bit seems to be spot on though.

for the last week trips have been popping up working again, maybe its the Volvo servers playing catch up as more and more people use on call now it seems to be on every new car as standard?
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 07:10   #12
Director76
Master Member

Just realised that my logging also stopped, on the same day the car went in for service (and software update)...recorded the journey to the garage but none since....coincidence?? Hmm...

I’ll try the suggested reset first D76
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 07:05   #13
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
Just realised that my logging also stopped, on the same day the car went in for service (and software update)...recorded the journey to the garage but none since....coincidence?? Hmm...

I’ll try the suggested reset first D76
Reset didn’t work for me, no T8 trip detail since 11.02, just A and B start and end points

Mrs D76 also reporting that remote starting of parking climate from app has been problematic in last few weeks...
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 16:14   #14
S90 English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddybear View Post
Just checked mine and everything is working fine. I can see the full trip details with speed, mpg, discharge and recovery rates. Latest update was yesterday.
Don't update the app, I did and i lost the feature and cant go back.

Volvo fob you off telling you that its your problem and to uninstall re install etc then that you need to raise it at the dealership
S90 English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 16:16   #15
S90 English

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadvex View Post
bizarrely, seems to of started working for a lot of them

done 150 or so miles today, ots of short trips click on the overview, half of my route is drawn on the map then a big straight line some 70 miles along the map to my end point, first bit seems to be spot on though.

for the last week trips have been popping up working again, maybe its the Volvo servers playing catch up as more and more people use on call now it seems to be on every new car as standard?
This is clearly an issue and they have obviously done something. How do we highlight and complain? Customer support were nice but unhelpful.
S90 English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 18:29   #16
WhatNext?

This is a server side error, not to do with the app.

Be patient, they will reappear in time
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 18:59   #17
sk546
Master Member

I too noticed that trip data on the VOC app had started working again in Feb (it worked perfectly from when I collected the car in Late Nov until sometime in mid to late Dec) but as soon as I noticed it had started working again, it was gone!!
I too have had issues with the Parking Climate to work on the app but as I rarely use it (as the car is in the garage all the time), I haven't done anything to chase that one up.

It would be nice to get the trip data back but in the back of my mind, I find it a little disturbing how much data 'big brother' has on how me and my wife drive our car up to and including the speed we are going at any point on any journey.
Obviously, as a sensible and law abiding driver, I never exceed the posted speed limit on country roads or dual carriageways/motorways but in the long term, could the plod use such data to enforce speeding offences?

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 21:56   #18
Director76
Master Member

Emailed Volvo, explained the issues and what I’d tried / got this back:

“Thank you for your email below and I am sorry to hear of the issues with your Volvo On Call app.
Having escalated this internally, I have been advised this is something you will need to take the car into your local or preferred Volvo approved retailer, and they will need to raise a report with our Technical division for the UK. If needed the Technical team can remotely access the car to see what is causing this and resolve.”

So pretty useless really, as I know the dealer won’t have a clue!
The Following User Says Thank You to Director76 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 21:58   #19
SpaceBoy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 English View Post
This is clearly an issue and they have obviously done something. How do we highlight and complain? Customer support were nice but unhelpful.
I've sent an email to the suggested address within the app. "Email us" it says at

custcare@volvocars.com

EDIT: ooops! D76 beat me to it!

Last edited by SpaceBoy42; Mar 7th, 2020 at 21:59. Reason: D76!
SpaceBoy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 21:30   #20
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 English View Post
Don't update the app, I did and i lost the feature and cant go back.

Volvo fob you off telling you that its your problem and to uninstall re install etc then that you need to raise it at the dealership
its not the app, check out the windows versions which hasn't been updated for years, exactly the same.

I @WhatNext? is right, it seems server side to me, after a while they start working it seems

Volvo's customer response seems to be mainly contact your dealer, its a shame.

We get issues with our Nissan when its cold as i think the servers overload with all the heating requests, complete guess but it always happens when its really cold around the time everyone is getting up
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote