Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What year was Bluetooth fitted as standard?

Views : 670

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2019, 14:16   #1
Odysseus

Question What year was Bluetooth fitted as standard?

Hello Volvo buddies,

My first post in this forum for a while. I used to have a S80 D5 SE Lux which was a great car - now replaced by a Lexus GS450 hybrid.

An expanding family (child number three due in May) means I'm now strongly considering an XC90 to replace the family Prius on the basis it's one of the few cars which can fit three child seats, and a modicum of luggage.

I'm looking to spend around £10K and would like as much specification as possible. I'm looking mostly at the SE Lux, R Design, and Executive models. Sat nav and Bluetooth are important.

This brings me to my question... What year was Bluetooth connectivity fitted as standard? And is there a way to tell if a car has it from pictures alone?

I've noted some cars have buttons on the steering wheel that look like they might control a phone, but have also seen mentioned in-car phones requiring their own SIM card, which is not useful.

Any expertise and advice gratefully received.

Also, it's nice to be back.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2019, 17:20   #2
owenfackrell
Premier Member

As far as I’m aware it was when the updated the engine to 200bhp this was around the 60 plate. Easiest way to tell is that the 200 billion engine has a large D5 badge on the back. It go easier on you get to around 2012 as the updated the car and made it fully colour coded.
Also on the executive the built in privacy phone disappeared
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2019, 21:15   #3
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Bluetooth phone is easy to see: phone button on audio system but no handset fitted = bluetooth
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 06:14   #4
Odysseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Bluetooth phone is easy to see: phone button on audio system but no handset fitted = bluetooth
Thanks for coming back to me. Where would the handset be fitted if it was there? Is it the sort of thing you could see in AutoTrader or eBay photos of the dash?
Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 06:43   #5
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Handset is between cupholder and center console storage box. On an Exec the storage box can be a fridge.

Download a User Manual to see full details.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 13:31   #6
revaido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Hello Volvo buddies,

My first post in this forum for a while. I used to have a S80 D5 SE Lux which was a great car - now replaced by a Lexus GS450 hybrid.

An expanding family (child number three due in May) means I'm now strongly considering an XC90 to replace the family Prius on the basis it's one of the few cars which can fit three child seats, and a modicum of luggage.

I'm looking to spend around £10K and would like as much specification as possible. I'm looking mostly at the SE Lux, R Design, and Executive models. Sat nav and Bluetooth are important.

This brings me to my question... What year was Bluetooth connectivity fitted as standard? And is there a way to tell if a car has it from pictures alone?

I've noted some cars have buttons on the steering wheel that look like they might control a phone, but have also seen mentioned in-car phones requiring their own SIM card, which is not useful.

Any expertise and advice gratefully received.

Also, it's nice to be back.
Just to muddy the waters even more in the 2012 MY onwards that also included Bluetooth with A2DP for music streaming - previous years had Bluetooth but only with the headset profile so phone calls only. Saying that Volvotech have options anyway.

If you're not bothered about Spotify etc it's no problem.

Good luck with the new arrival - I've got a similar combo with the XC90 and a Lexus LS460. The XC90 I use as the family car and the LS460 I use as a motorway cruncher and they're a great combo!

Last edited by revaido; Mar 2nd, 2019 at 13:36.
revaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 16:10   #7
Odysseus

Thanks for the responses everyone. Today I’ve put a deposit down on a 2012 Executive with all the bluetooth gubbins, USB, BLIS and the massage seats that made both me and my wife go “Ooooh that’s nice”

It’s the facelift model too so fully colour coded and it looks very smart. Higher miles than I was expecting to get but it’s led a pampered life and as such it’s comfortably within budget.

Exciting times!

The combined fleet of Volvo family wagon and Lexus saloon means we have definitely got making progress in comfort covered.

Wish me luck!

Tags
bluetooth, child seats, children, xc90