Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

440 music install

Views : 696

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2010, 18:50   #1
440anator
rookie

Post 440 music install

Hello again another question guys lol

Right Im trying to install a sub in my car, so I have a few questions about the trim in the car and about removing it. Firstly does anyone have any experience in installing a sub/amp in the 440?

How can I run the power cable into the car? I mean from the battery in the engine bay to the Amp in the boot?

Once inside the car where can i run the cable? As today i was trying to lift/move the plastic trim along the door edges but its really tight and I dont wanna break the plastic =[

Oh and lastly I am also installing rear speakers ( its only a gl lol basic model!!! boooo ) and Carl mate you showed me how to remove the plastic trim, but I read in the haynes manual that you have to remove the bit of the cushion/backseat, the bit closest to the door? also it will help me route the cables, so does anyone know how to remove that part of the backseat?

Also I will make a guide on how to install an Amplifier and an install in the boot and show how to soundproof your boot, I just require the answers before i start work

Thank you very much for reading this and helpin me
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 22:27   #2
carl4u44
Master Member

Was going to do a sub install myself, but changed my mind last minute as its going to sacrifice the boot space which i need more.

Ok, from the battery you could run your power cable through the bulk head of the engine and into the passenger footwell. There may be already a rubber blanking plug inside there somewhere which you could remove and feed the wire through.

The seat cushions at the rear have a hook at the top which can be bent or prised off and also on the bottom, if my memory serves me right. very easy to do.

The rear speakers, if you have any? can be accessed by removing the parcel self obviously, a screw in the side where the parcel shelf hinges are, and one screw at the top of the plastic, which should have a rubber plug on it. Fold down seats and wiggle off. You can also see better the set up of the cushion's too.

The plastic trims along the bottom of the door are a cu*t. Then tend to break and snap so be careful. I would simply peel the carpet out from the plastic with a flat head screw driver and set your wire along it and then prise back in the carpet.

All above is fairly easy and once you do it the first time you'll be a pro at it!
carl4u44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carl4u44 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 23:07   #3
440anator
rookie

Thumbs up

Many thanks Carl mate, yeah it will take up a bit of room, Im going for the "JVC" install if you know what I mean as I have the 2 JVC speakers in front and the JVC headset wouldnt seem rite not goin the whole way lol

Im goin for one 10'' sub atm and will see how that goes and then depending on how it turns out and how many broken bits of trim I might go for another 10''

Will try and make a guide for future reference

Thanks again
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 13:24   #4
Adi2727
Flying Transylvanian

Hello!

This is not a sub, but i think it's good ideea.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.carputerforum.nl/carpc/sh...r-ga-niet-hard

Best!
Adi2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adi2727 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 23:07   #5
440anator
rookie

Sub has been installed will get pics up soon, also got the speakers in up on the shelf beside the window