Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Decisions decisions - XC60?

Views : 2497

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2017, 10:41   #11
NewV90Owner

Default Options

I have a V90CC Pro.

The Pro came with most of the things I wanted anyway.

My highlights:
1. The full adaptive lights - just great
2. Heated steering wheel
3. I like adaptive cruise control and PA - it makes long drives much more relaxing. It is also nice to know I have the safety kit that comes with it.
4. AWD - I had a V90 and it was quite easy to spin the front wheels

Things I wish I had:
1. 360 camera
2. Heated rear seats!

Having said all that the XC60 T5 Momentum Pro looks pretty good and quite a bit cheaper than a V90CC
NewV90Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NewV90Owner For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 12:10   #12
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjon View Post
I’d say the 12.3” drivers screen and the 360 degree camera are both good options.
The winter pack is paying dividends in the current cold weather as welll. One thing I didn’t think of though, I didn’t go with the HUD as I wanted to have the heated front screen so I wouldn’t waste time scraping the window in a morning.However I start my car 10 minutes before I leave using the VOC app and I find the normal car heating clears the frost from the screen by the time I get to the car, so could have gone with the HUD after all.
I’ve owned the previous generation XC60 but have only sat in the new version.There are a few little things that make the 90 series feel a little more top of the range, one being as you mentioned the pilot assist as standard on the 90s.
I loved my previous gen XC60, but the V90CC is without doubt even better. I also like the fact that in the 5 months I’ve been driving it I’ve only ever seen one other on the road.
If your car is like mine you will find that front and rear screen heaters come on automatically at low temperature and go off after a set time so they would be on as well as the normal heating.
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 12:19   #13
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherv60 View Post
Hello All,

I've resolved that I will change my V60 in the next few months and I've had some fun with the configurators and test driving the new XC60, V90CC and S90. All of which are great cars and the reason I'm having a hard time choosing.

I have discounted the S90 - although a great car it was just a little too low to the ground for my tastes even though the PCH deals were so tempting...

I was leaning towards the V90CC but having seen the new XC60 T5 momentum deals that launched this week they seem too good to miss, the problem I have is that I want all the toys but my Yorkshire blood is at odds with parting with more cash than I have too.

It sucks that the pilot assist is a £1500 option on the XC60!

I'd like your thoughts on the following options - how often do you use them / are they worth it - would you purchase again (feel free to suggest other options)

12.3" TFT display
Blis
surround view camera or front park assist
winter pack
Intelisafe pack (I know this includes Blis, but an extra £1000 for adaptive cruise?)

Cheers
Don’t be put off by adverse comments regarding BLIS. Only bliss or a clairvoyant can tell you if a car is in your blind spot. Every item on your list is of value including both surround camera and front park assist plus all the safety features your pocket will allow.
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 12:59   #14
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
Don’t be put off by adverse comments regarding BLIS. Only bliss or a clairvoyant can tell you if a car is in your blind spot.
But it doesn't do it reliably 100% of the time and is therefore of dubious value. It's a bit like having a reserve parachute that might work only some of the time. And it's not just my car; I drove the service manager's car and his car behaved similarly in failing to detect vehicles.

In any case, with correctly set mirrors there won't be any blind spot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 13:01   #15
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
But it doesn't do it reliably 100% of the time and is therefore of dubious value. It's a bit like having a reserve parachute that might work only some of the time. And it's not just my car; I drove the service manager's car and his car behaved similarly in failing to detect vehicles.

There is no blind spot on modern car. Google john cadogan on you tube 10 worst car design. From 3:45 mns. Bliss is a con.

Last edited by reggie59; Dec 28th, 2017 at 13:06.
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reggie59 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 16:21   #16
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post

BLIS is an information system and Volvo say it will not work in every situation. If the lamp is lit don’t pull out. If not lit take all necessary precautions as any person should irrespective of how your mirrors are adjusted. Since it is accurate most of the time I say it’s a useful addition and the first call when attempting to change lanes.
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 16:33   #17
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:

I'd like your thoughts on the following options - how often do you use them / are they worth it - would you purchase again (feel free to suggest other options)

12.3" TFT display
Blis
winter pack
Intelisafe pack (I know this includes Blis, but an extra £1000 for adaptive cruise?)

Cheers
As a long-term Volvo owner but only an XC60 owner for two weeks, here are my thoughts:

12.3" TFT display. I like it - I would prefer a few more customisation options, but it's bright and clear and you can display a 3D zoomed-in map from the satnav between the dials.

BLIS. For me it is a bit if a solution looking for a problem. My gliding years taught me to physically look over both shoulders before making a manoeuvre and I still do this whilst driving. I would not miss BLIS if it wasn't there.

360 Camera. One of the best features of the new technology - it's like deploying a drone 10 feet above the car looking down and helps place a large car accurately. I wouldn't have a future car without it. Front sensors have been a 'must have' for my past several cars.

Winter Pack. The heated windscreen is worth it (although you can't have the HUD if you specify the heated screen) and the heated steering wheel is surprisingly a 'nice to have'.

Intellisafe Pack. Hmm. My car (an ex Volvo-owned car) has it but I'm not sure I would have specced it otherwise. Pilot Assist is clever but requires a fairly well-marked road to operate. I can see it being useful got long motorway journeys. It's my first car with adaptive cruise control and whilst once again it's clever I'm not sure I would miss it if it wasn't there.
techwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to techwatcher For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 16:53   #18
Murph7355

I'm in an XC90 but my experience won't help your wallet (I'm from Yorkshire too ).

Quote:
12.3" TFT display
Must have for me. Made the dash feel a higher quality item. you can get more info on it too IIRC.

Quote:
Blis
Increasingly finding this useful. It's an option I'd want on new cars.

Quote:
Don't have this on mine, but the rear camera I do have is very handy when space is very tight...I can't see the surround camera not being equally useful (and cannot for the life of me think why the first owner of mine didn't spec this as it'd actually have saved them money versus how the car was spec'd).

Quote:
winter pack
Yes please (heated seats and wheel alone are very nice at this time of year).

Quote:
Yes please.

Adaptive cruise is something else I'd want in any new car purchase. Our motorways are garbage in the UK with far too many 50mph "roadworks" average speed sections and far too much stop start traffic when there isn't. Adaptive cruise (and driver assist to a lesser extent) take a lot of the headache out of this sort of driving (much to my scepticism).

Does Intellisafe include the shadow adaptive headlights too? If so, double thumbs up. I live out in the sticks and these are absolutely superb for taking the fatigue out of driving on them.

A few years ago I'd have scoffed at these sort of trinkets on a car. But I find all of the above really help take some of the effort out of mundane driving, and I miss them when I jump in a car that doesn't have them.
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Murph7355 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 17:55   #19
Peter Bellingham

Smile

Quote:
Hello All,

I've resolved that I will change my V60 in the next few months and I've had some fun with the configurators and test driving the new XC60, V90CC and S90. All of which are great cars and the reason I'm having a hard time choosing.

I have discounted the S90 - although a great car it was just a little too low to the ground for my tastes even though the PCH deals were so tempting...

I was leaning towards the V90CC but having seen the new XC60 T5 momentum deals that launched this week they seem too good to miss, the problem I have is that I want all the toys but my Yorkshire blood is at odds with parting with more cash than I have too.

It sucks that the pilot assist is a £1500 option on the XC60!

12.3" TFT display
Blis
winter pack

Cheers
Hi I have just taken delivery on my new XC60 inscription what a fantastic car I did have the old XC60 that was good but not a patch on this one.I did have all the extras I could get as well
Peter Bellingham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Bellingham For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 17:58   #20
Peter Bellingham

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bellingham View Post
Hi I have just taken delivery on my new XC60 inscription what a fantastic car I did have the old XC60 that was good but not a patch on this one.I did have all the extras I could get as well
this is my second with adaptive cruise is a must in my opinion mine is a T5
Peter Bellingham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Bellingham For This Useful Post: