Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 reduced power

Views : 868

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2018, 17:53   #1
Rossco1962

Angry C30 reduced power

Hi Folks

Finally found the time to collect the C30 and have another look at. I took it to the local mechanic to get the DPF replaced as its done a 108k miles and whilst i was at it i had the Turbo changed also. There was a problem getting the vacuum to the actuator to open the waste gate but the guy said he had fixed that also but i still get Anti Skid service required and reduced engine power and i was also getting fault P0069 hence i changed the MAP sensor . It also makes a fumnny shrekking sound when it revs up like a split hose hence i've decided to look for splits in the hoses to the intercooler hence can anyone answer the following :

1. How do i test the intercooler.

2. How do i service / check if my car has an elloy ? anti polution tank and how do i service it and there appears to be a tank at the rear of the car with a hose

3. Does any one know a person in the PO12 area that has the diagnostic DICE tool to scan the caar or are the chinese copies of Ebay worth the £50

This car is driving me around the twist
Rossco1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 16:23   #2
phutyle

2 ways to check if you have a EOLYS tank.

1: Take a look in front of the rear axel. That's where the tank is located. It's a bit hard to see (and even harder to photograph when the car's on the ground), but in this photo I've highlighted the tubes that come out of it:

2: Check the hidden DTC menu on the dashboard:

http://mr-fix.info/volvo-hidden-menu-dtc-check/

If "ADM" (Additive Dosing Module) shows up, you have the tank.
phutyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 16:19   #3
FredGraham

Default From Experience

Hi Rossco1962
Just FYI. I've had experience of lots of different fault codes appearing on the dash & the car going into limp mode. It turned out that by cleaning the CEM this seems to have cured the problem. There is a video on youtube but I can't find you the direct link. Search "Cleaning a Volvo C30 CEM". As for the shreeking, on my car, a C70 T5, it wasn't just a split pipe. Attached to the oil filler housing is a diaphragm housing & it had split so had to renew whole unit, again youtube video shows you whats involved. I hope this info is helpful.
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 20:08   #4
FredGraham

Default Ref: My Previous entry

Once you've been able to read all the fault codes, clear them off and then clean the CEM. Forgot to mention this, apologies.
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2018, 16:29   #5
Rossco1962

Many thanks for the advice, the car has sat there whilst Karen used my VW as a mobile creche so i will take a look in the morning and see what i can get done. From what i can see there is a tank underneath by the rear axle, is it easy to top up. I did remove the intercooler pipes to see what was going on but its probably best if i get a copy of the DICE s/w from Flea bay as i'd like my drive way back
Old May 24th, 2020, 13:05   #6
Rossco1962

Default Update

Well i grovelled under the rear and refilled the tank with circa a litre of nasty PAT / Elloys fluid and then took it for an MOT and the friendly garage reset the system so thats removed the anti pollution service message.

Boost is working and i pressure tested the whole of the intercooler system and found a split in the silicone bush that sits insie the 90 deg plastic pipe return from the intercooler that connects to the EGR but i still suspect a leak and without access to a gen Volvo due to lock down i cant get a replacement

Car drives a lot better but i still get anto skid service and also high boost fault code due to a leak i think

Update to follow
Old May 24th, 2020, 13:28   #7
daniel84uk

faulty or disconnected EGR can trigger anti skid message. Its a strange quirk.
daniel84uk is offline   Reply With Quote