Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 599499

Replies : 2691

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2019, 15:59   #2291
Chrisv60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W XC60 View Post
Not surprised Zebster is annoyed at being charged for previous EGR work!
I'm also annoyed at paying £800 towards a replacement engine at 30k miles because the original one was gummed up.

I raised it with the dealership at the last service but they said it was difficult to say the sooting / EGR was definitely the cause now 12 months down the line. However, these stories of gummed up manifolds and inlet valves make me wonder.
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 07:27   #2292
Stuby

Compression check carried out by dealer, who didn't carry this out as part of re-call work.

EGR cooler problem still not sorted. Volvo customer services have been saying they are talking/in communication with my chosen Volvo dealer.
My chosen dealer are saying they have had no such communication.

So still no goodwill gesture.
Stuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 08:24   #2293
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuby View Post
Compression check carried out by dealer, who didn't carry this out as part of re-call work.

EGR cooler problem still not sorted. Volvo customer services have been saying they are talking/in communication with my chosen Volvo dealer.
My chosen dealer are saying they have had no such communication.

So still no goodwill gesture.
I'm surprised that you're having this communication problem at Shrewsbury. It's the dealer I've always used for servicing and repairs (including EGR valve and cooler replacement) and they went out of their way to find cause to replace the cooler when my valve stuck open, so that all the labour for the valve replacement and the diagnostics could be attached to the cooler replacement. They actually seemed proud of having a direct automated computer link to Volvo UK which could immediately grant goodwill to cover qualifying work, which I witnessed in action.

Good luck.
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 11:57   #2294
Stuby

Totally agree with what your saying about Shrewsbury.
But the Goodwill granted was a 10% contribution.

I'm not prepared to pay 90% ( for a design fault)

The diesel tuners I requested about costing for Remap and EGR vale blanking have not got back to me neither.

And the Volvo Customer Relations seem to have stopped replying to my emails.
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 13:24   #2295
SeaShell

I assume the pressure test was ok?

I know someone mentioned a 5 year cut off for goodwill .... I wonder if this is the case?
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 18:22   #2296
Lojzek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaShell View Post
I assume the pressure test was ok?

I know someone mentioned a 5 year cut off for goodwill .... I wonder if this is the case?
For my car it was 5years cut off for goodwill. Dealer showed me on the computer for my car the date until the new EGR cooler was valid (exactly 5years), provided the correct MIL code was shown. I am not from UK, but i think that does not change anything.

Because of that he suggested cleaning the EGR cooler as it is much cheaper than new one. He cleaned it in some chamber, dont know exactly how. He said it came out very clean. Dont know if only this deler does this or is that something from volvo, and i dont know how long it will be OK.

(Sorry, my English is not the best, but I hope you understand.)

Last edited by Lojzek; Nov 21st, 2019 at 18:55.
Lojzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 20:06   #2297
Stuby

As the vehicle is out of warranty and we would expect all manufacturing faults to occur in that time. However I would be happy to get in contact with Shrewsbury again to see how we can assist you further with this and ask what occurred for the EGR to fail.

Kind regards,

Will Good
Customer Relations Consultant
VOLVO CAR UK LIMITED

One of their replies even though at this point they hadn’t actually spoken to Shrewsbury.

And I consider the EGR system a manufacturing fault as the DPF hasn’t even had to do its job, it has 100% life left.
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 09:54   #2298
Stuby

Good morning Stuart,

I have some good news! After going back to Volvo with a further request to them for goodwill on the EGR cooler, they have come back with 100% contribution! I’m glad we have finally got there! Please let me know when you would like to book in to get this sorted. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Ben
Apprentice Aftersales Advisor
Volvo Cars Shrewsbury

Well Done Shrewsbury Volvo

Car is January 2014 V60 D4 Business
The Following User Says Thank You to Stuby For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 10:35   #2299
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:

Will Good
Customer Relations Consultant
VOLVO CAR UK LIMITED

That surely isn’t his real name .........glad you got it sorted....think I may have the beginnings of a similar issue....
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 10:51   #2300
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post

That surely isn’t his real name .........glad you got it sorted....think I may have the beginnings of a similar issue....
Blimey, well spotted!

Quote:
I have some good news! After going back to Volvo with a further request to them for goodwill on the EGR cooler, they have come back with 100% contribution! I’m glad we have finally got there! Please let me know when you would like to book in to get this sorted. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Ben
Apprentice Aftersales Advisor
Volvo Cars Shrewsbury
Do you reckon Ben's surname is Dover-Backwards?

Last edited by Zebster; Nov 23rd, 2019 at 10:53.
Zebster is offline   Reply With Quote