Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Question about prices

Views : 4477

Replies : 63

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2014, 15:00   #1
yann

Default Question about prices

Hi everyone I am new to this forum although owning a Volvo for 8 years.
I would like to ask a question about the price of a new volvo, but before I ask a specific question I thought I had better ask if this is ok before I do.
Thanks Yann.
yann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 16:19   #2
taylorc

Ask away, those that are willing to talk about how much they have paid etc will post and anyone that does not will not....... I'm not sure what your experience of forums are but they are a great way to gather info, have a bit of banter and fun and more importantly.....be part of a community that shares common interests :-) ..... So welcome to the Volvo owners forum :-)

Previous MY13 XC60 D5 R-Design Lux Nav

Previous...Audi S3 DSG, Ford Focus ST3, Ford Focus ST170
taylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 20:41   #3
Considered1
Premier Member

Fire away my friend, we hold no secrets and pull no punches on here..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 20:49   #4
yann

I would like to replace my V70 with an XC60 D5 SE Lux Nav and was thinking about a vehicle up to 12 months old.
The prices of the vehicles I have been researching are approx 30k. That got me thinking of the prices of new cars.
Can anyone give me an idea of what price I might have to pay new and possibly the best places to look at. I will be paying outright and dont want to part exchange my vehicle.
Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 20:51   #5
Considered1
Premier Member

If you def want AWD and a D5 they should be throwing them at you as they have thousands to shift before bringing in newer models. If you want a new D4 VEA (only FWD at present) then wouldnt be much more new than your 1yr old D5.. from personal experience as I was looking at same..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 21:01   #6
yann

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention, yes i would go AWD.
You say that you have been looking, would it be best to go to a local Volvo dealer or one of these companys that supply any make of car.
I checked two local Volvo dealers, just on the internet and they were at 34k and 36k.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 21:01   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post
I would like to replace my V70 with an XC60 D5 SE Lux Nav and was thinking about a vehicle up to 12 months old.
The prices of the vehicles I have been researching are approx 30k. That got me thinking of the prices of new cars.
Can anyone give me an idea of what price I might have to pay new and possibly the best places to look at. I will be paying outright and dont want to part exchange my vehicle.
Thanks for any advice.
You will be looking between 31-33k I would suggest depending on the exact spec. Despite what the people with the new engine say that D5 is still very popular and you will have a wait for a new one.

This week at a dealer there were 6 new XC60s getting prepped, 3 of the the new D4 (all white, spooky ) and 3 d5 AWD and whilst I was there a person bought a new D5, I know because they spoke to me about their new car as I have the spec they ordered.

Not everyone is going for the new engine, which means deals are there, but you will still need to work at it.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 21:15   #8
Crockers
Premier Member

Go to www.drivethedeal.com or s it .co.UK?

Spec up what you want and that is pretty much the best offer you will get from a dealer. I believe Mark Tilling has one in his showroom. Go to dealers offers and look down to his thread. There is one there in ice white

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=202011
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 21:16   #9
yann

Seems very much like I should be looking for new then. Do you think the same deals are available wherever you go, Volvo main dealer or car lease/new/company.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 21:31   #10
yann

Thanks Crockers I will have a look.
The Following User Says Thank You to yann For This Useful Post: