Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Can you strip out the LPG to make way for CNG?

Views : 3743

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:14   #31
jayhl7

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Please do tell me more about the HHO systems you sell, after reading that PDF I'm intrigued, especially since the PDF states that the system is designed to reduce emissions not improve fuel economy. In fact it actually states that it needs to run the system largely on KERS harvested energy to avoid increasing fuel consumption.

Please note that if your system turns out to be two electrodes in a jar of water+electrolyte which is powered by the alternator then I'm going to be very disappointed. I'm expecting a full-house KERS powered system here using advanced membrane electrolyser technology, since that's what you linked to.
Appologies for the delay in replying, I thought I would be able to reply from my new (not so) smart phone ( hands like boxing gloves!) Whilst I was away!

The PDF I posted was to show that there are other companys using similar technology, to harvest Hydrogen from onboard the vehicles, My intention was to highlight that it is possible and not to miss lead, The PDF uses water not Electrolyte and as a result will need more power, The systems that I supply and fit Do Not have a KERS system, Nor is there a glass jar, The dry cell is manufactured using titanium / 316L stainless steel alloy plates and a good electolyte is used, and power is provided from the alternator, the Dry cell will provide up to 5.5 litres per minuite of HHO.
On the last tank of fuel that I used before installing HHO on my V70 D5, I travelled 525 miles, full tank to fuel light, and on similar roads at similar speeds, I have just had 670 miles and the fuel light came on once at the pump, I am happy with the results on my car!
Jay
jayhl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:04   #32
DXMachina
I ate all your bees

I would advise you not to believe a word oof that. HHO is a pack of lies, the only marginal benefit it can possibly give is by causing the car to run too lean, which saves fuel at the expense of power and possibly damage to the cars systems

HHO salesmen - or as they are correctly know, fraudsters, have been targeting LPG conversion markets recently, this is an example.

HHO fuelling is itself a fraudulent term, all the water (HHO is just another way of referring to water, H x 2 (2 x hydroogen) to 1 x O (oxygen) - IE H2O) stays as water, none of it is converted to energy directly, the only benefit of HHO that can be proven is when iit is used in high compression turbo or supercharged engines as it acts as an anti-knocking agent and allows a cleaner burn in the same way that increased fuel octane does.

Which of course isnt possible in non-supercharged / turbocharged cars
Annd of course the only times that water injection has been proven to work in cars, even turbo/supercharged ones, is when the water is heavily adulterated wiith methanol, which is an alcohol based fuel. Straight water-injection doesnt save fuel at all except by , as stated above, forcing the engine to run too lean

I am quite happy to risk being sued for libel in stating that this man is a liar and a fraudster and is trying to lead you towards buying a system that cannot possibly work as it violates underlying laws of physics

If he wishes to sue me i will provide my contact details willingly by PM and in court i will utterly destroy him
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 11:17   #33
Chris_C
Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhl7 View Post
If you look into Bumble Bees they beat there wings upto 200 times per second! how could you even count that? It's no wonder Antoine Magnan (1881-1938) came to the conclusions that he did!

I hope this is some help,Jay
Certainly so Jay.

If the idea of counting to 200 times a second scares you, I hope you don't intend to install any systems on bike engines, which do just that (at 12,000rpm). Maybe they too defy the laws of physics and shouldn't run like bumble bees shouldn't fly? Similarly the oscillator that runs your phone or computer at roughly 10,000 times fast than that.

Anyhow, I'd like you to read rule 6 of the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up.
Quote:
Traders who seek to use this forum to advertise their business or products must request permission to do this by emailing Forum Admin and once agreed, post those offers only in the Traders forum. You are however free to reply to any user's post where you can supply the products or services sought. Commercial operators should be prepared to answer genuine technical questions about how their products operate and be prepared to be challenged about their products. The users that do this are not out to cause harm to you or your products; our aim is simply to provide an independent information source and we want to get as much helpful, factual and balanced information as possible to enable people to make an informed choice. We don't expect you to give away commercially sensitive information (as this is a public forum), but this is rarely necessary to answer queries anyway. If we feel you are making commercial posts as a trader and have not contacted Forum Admin we reserve the right to move you into the "Traders" group, remove any posts you have made and suspend your ability to post on the forum until permission to post as a trader has been given.
I'm myself am looking forward to the "answering genuine technical questions" part. I really do wish to see the maths and science behind this proved.
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris_C For This Useful Post: