Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Adrian Flux Insurance Services – 15% discount for Volvo Club

Views : 100091

Replies : 89

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 00:07   #61
Montana
Master Member

My renewal is due in Jan - not had the renewal price confirmed in writing but on the phone i was told it verbally, over £100 increase on last year! Currently looking around and have found it £130 cheaper already...

Previous: 2006 XC90 D5 , 2008 V50 2.0D
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 20:14   #62
abdiel
VOC Member

Default Car Insurance

Crikey! I was going to give them a go this time around but I think I shall give them a miss now.
abdiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2018, 12:50   #63
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
My renewal is due in Jan - not had the renewal price confirmed in writing but on the phone i was told it verbally, over £100 increase on last year! Currently looking around and have found it £130 cheaper already...
Sorry to hear that Montana, once you're satisfied you've found the best price elsewhere do let us know as we can go back to the insurer on your behalf and check whether they're able to offer anything more competitive for you. Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2018, 22:09   #64
c13amb

Just renewed for the 2nd year running on my C70..by far better excess totals compared to others and price matched a slightly cheaper quote from Chris Knott😊£290 all in on 8k mileage protected etc!! Im happy👍
c13amb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2018, 12:00   #65
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by c13amb View Post
Just renewed for the 2nd year running on my C70..by far better excess totals compared to others and price matched a slightly cheaper quote from Chris Knott😊£290 all in on 8k mileage protected etc!! Im happy👍
Hi.
Glad we could help out for another year with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.
Old Dec 30th, 2018, 21:47   #66
Montana
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX View Post
Sorry to hear that Montana, once you're satisfied you've found the best price elsewhere do let us know as we can go back to the insurer on your behalf and check whether they're able to offer anything more competitive for you. Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Dan.
Yes, after a bit of back and forth you ended up matching the price I found elsewhere. Happy with that. No so happy hadn't I played the game you would have happily taken £130 extra from me. That's a frustration directed at the insurance industry as a whole and not specific to AF.

Previous: 2006 XC90 D5 , 2008 V50 2.0D
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Montana For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 22:15   #67
Turbodave
VOC Member

Agreed.

Been with Flux for years and every year is a bloody battle... with Flux either going back on long standing agreements or providing uncompetitive quotes which suddenly tumble when you question them. I've given them so many chances (and do much money!) and despite the constant battle, I usually give them the benefit if the doubt and continue my business.

But, I've had enough of it now...

Wife's renewal was about £380 for her V50, frankly comical so told them not to bother but lo and behold, down to £265 after some 'speaking to my manager' and with the promise of the best price and service on my V70 come renewal ... repeat to fade.

Tonight, having bumped said V70 policy costs up for moving to a safer postcode... asked for a price to change to another model and it's nigh on double what can be had elsewhere. They offered to waive their administration fees, even though we've had a long standing arrangement that'd be done regardless but refused to budge. £7.60 to cancel early? That'll do for me.

Shouldn't be this hard work and sadly of late Flux is hard work... never used to be like this, used to be great but they seem to have gotten greedy over the past few years and the personal touch is gone. They used to insure all three cars, then it was two, now it's one and I'm tempted to cancel mid term and pay the costs to go elsewhere where it's less hassle.

Chris Knotted has come highly recommended
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 11:40   #68
jamesmark
Part of a nanny state

Great start, arranged a call back for 7pm last night due to my work and that I would have probably forgotten to call when I got back to hotel.

Well I did forget, when I thought at 9pm, where was my call back. No missed call etc on phone.

Previous cars - 93 Supra TT JDM 350bhp, 94 TT UK 404bhp, Nissan 200sx S14a 305bhp, 03 XC70 D5 SE, 07 Merc E-Class 280cdi estate, 11 V50 1.6 Drive SE Lux (horrid car)
jamesmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 22:13   #69
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmark View Post
Great start, arranged a call back for 7pm last night due to my work and that I would have probably forgotten to call when I got back to hotel.

Well I did forget, when I thought at 9pm, where was my call back. No missed call etc on phone.
Hi,
I'm sorry you never received a call back. If you wanted to PM me your contact details I can get on to this tomorrow when I'm back in the office.
Regards.
Dan.
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 12:59   #70
Turbodave
VOC Member

Just to bring closure and indeed, closure to 8yrs+ of business... rang Flux to ask for a quote for a full year for my newly acquired XC70 (as advised to do by Flux!) and was told rather indignantly by Ben that "no way will you insure it for less than £400" and that was the end of the conversation. Which is remarkable as numerous companies were quoting around the £2750 to £300 mark. However, opted to cancel mid term with Flux and have switched to Chris Knot who offered the same level of cover without all the bull**** I've come to expect from Flux for £260.00 and have quoted a better price for my wife's V50 too, so will be cancelling her policy with Flux in due course and switching it.

So yes, slow clap for Ben... and Flux in general.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote