Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 GLT Saloon

Views : 1362

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 20:22   #1
Velorum
VOC Member

Default 240 GLT Saloon

Hi

For reasons I wont bore everyone with 'BAY' the mighty 240GLT saloon is about to be taken off the road. So, its into storage in my daughter garage it goes - however I would be prepared to let the car go to an enthusiast who can complete the few small jobs that need doing and carry on using it as nature intended!

100% rust and dent free. 12 months MOT and taxed till end of the year. Service history. IPD sports anti roll bars and lowering springs front and rear. Loads of new parts - for full details of mods check out this thread

http://www.rwdvolvos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=520

Can be driven OK but a few small jobs needed - shroud needed for electric fan (or 940 complete fan unit fitted), oil temp gauge and ambient temp gauge need connecting (senders etc included). The heater control valve needs replacing - new custom made one from USA supplied. Thats about it. Drives great and corners with very little body roll.

PM me or telephone 07920038734 if you are interested - serious enquiries only though!

Cheers
Ian

Last edited by Velorum; Oct 3rd, 2008 at 22:59.
Velorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 20:36   #2
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hutchinson View Post
Hi

For reasons I wont bore everyone with 'BAY' the mighty 240GLT saloon is about to be taken off the road. So, its into storage in my daughter garage it goes - however I would be prepared to let the car go to an enthusiast who can complete the few small jobs that need doing and carry on using it as nature intended!

100% rust and dent free. 12 months MOT and taxed till end of the year. Service history. IPD sports anti roll bars and lowering springs front and rear. Loads of new parts - for full details of mods check out this thread

http://www.rwdvolvos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=520

Can be driven OK but a few small jobs needed - shroud needed for electric fan (or 940 complete fan unit fitted), oil temp gauge and ambient temp gauge need connecting (senders etc included). Thats about it. Drives great and corners with very little body roll.

Email me on ian.hutchinson@lycos.co.uk or telephone 07920038734 if you are interested - serious enquiries only though!

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

What a shame your selling after all the work some one is going to love it by far the best handling 240 i have ever driven

Russ
RT Mechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 22:09   #3
Velorum
VOC Member

Now sold.

Thanks for the interest those that PM'd
Velorum is offline   Reply With Quote