Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

4 Year Service Just Done + Engine software update

Views : 1829

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 6th, 2018, 04:33   #1
id5
Premier Member

Default 4 Year Service Just Done + Engine software update

The XC60 has sailed through its 4th service without any problems. 33k miles, still on its first set of discs and pads with 60% worn at the back. Front tyres were changed in the spring and the original rears, now on the front have 3+mm left of tread.

It has also had engine software 2 upgrade which I think has made it quieter and smoother to drive but perhaps that is just me and would I have noticed if I had not been told about it. Anyone else had the software update, did it make it seem to run better?
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 21:42   #2
tails

Default update

also interested,
any one know this one ????
tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 07:07   #3
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tails View Post
also interested,
any one know this one ????
Well 'tails' it seems like my car is the guinea pig.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 08:31   #4
steve 1550

Default XC60 6 year service required

Being new to the Volvo brand how does the servicing work with main dealer. Mine is due for a 6 year service. Is this a small or large service that is required as i can't find anything in the service book to say this (unless i have missed something).
steve 1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 10:07   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve 1550 View Post
Being new to the Volvo brand how does the servicing work with main dealer. Mine is due for a 6 year service. Is this a small or large service that is required as i can't find anything in the service book to say this (unless i have missed something).
the 6th year/108000 mile service is the big one , with cambelt . aux belt + all tensioners , fuel filter + air filter .

It depends on how many miles you have done if well under 108000 then you can wait for the belts and tensioners …

However is VITAL that the aux belt was changed at 54000 miles irrespective of age .. if you have done under 54000 miles then it is ok to wait until you get to 54000 miles for this . If you have no idea whether it was changed or not get it done now .
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 10:07   #6
pagan8c
Master Member

Quote:
I think if you go into the Volvo web site you can check on servicing by putting in the year and model and mileage. It then tells you a standard price for that service. It obviously doesn't include extras like brakes etc.

Last edited by pagan8c; Oct 10th, 2018 at 10:13. Reason: wrong info
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 12:14   #7
steve 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
the 6th year/108000 mile service is the big one , with cambelt . aux belt + all tensioners , fuel filter + air filter .

It depends on how many miles you have done if well under 108000 then you can wait for the belts and tensioners …

However is VITAL that the aux belt was changed at 54000 miles irrespective of age .. if you have done under 54000 miles then it is ok to wait until you get to 54000 miles for this . If you have no idea whether it was changed or not get it done now .
I have checked the service book and the aux belt had already been changed at around 50,000 last year. The car is on 69,000 now.
steve 1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 12:22   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
I have checked the service book and the aux belt had already been changed at around 50,000 last year. The car is on 69,000 now.
all looking good then . so what you need it the 72000 mile service , which is the 108000 without the belts ...
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 22:54   #9
Thetappingbison

Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can shed a bit of light on this for me (like the ever helpful Clan!), my MY15 D4 XC60 is currently due it's 4th year/72000 service @ 50600 miles. It had the 3rd year/54000 mile service complete by the local dealer last year @ 40300 miles, but there was no mention of the Aux belt being changed on the invoice. I paid £235 for the last service, and they're asking £480 for the one this year, with the only difference I can see being the Fuel and Air filters extra this time.

So............two questions:

1) should the belt have been done last year, and if not do I need to do it this time?
and
2) Why is it twice the price this year?! I don't mind paying if I'm getting good value, but somehow feel I'm being had?!

Many Thanks,

David
Old Oct 25th, 2018, 09:13   #10
Thetappingbison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetappingbison View Post
Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can shed a bit of light on this for me (like the ever helpful Clan!), my MY15 D4 XC60 is currently due it's 4th year/72000 service @ 50600 miles. It had the 3rd year/54000 mile service complete by the local dealer last year @ 40300 miles, but there was no mention of the Aux belt being changed on the invoice. I paid £235 for the last service, and they're asking £480 for the one this year, with the only difference I can see being the Fuel and Air filters extra this time.

So............two questions:

1) should the belt have been done last year, and if not do I need to do it this time?
and
2) Why is it twice the price this year?! I don't mind paying if I'm getting good value, but somehow feel I'm being had?!

Many Thanks,

David
Edit: Found this thread which answers my first question, https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283323 no need for an aux belt on D4 VEA yet.

So the question remains, why double the price for the 4 year service?