Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Whole 740 minus dizzy

Views : 4119

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 11th, 2009, 00:12   #11
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

You have got to be kidding me. Getting the police involved over £16?! Regardless of right and wrong, that sounds like wasting police time to me...

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 10:26   #12
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

yep and on top of that, I need a clean CRB check for my job, so this could even involve me loosing my job as well, what a star guy renco is. So now he will have £32 back off me, me out of work, and a record of fraud against me, all for £16. So although this is a laughable matter in the forum world, in real life be very carefull who you deal with and never trust royal mail if in fact it ever went missing.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 17:26   #13
BlueBrickSte
Premier Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyericsson View Post
yep and on top of that, I need a clean CRB check for my job, so this could even involve me loosing my job as well, what a star guy renco is. So now he will have £32 back off me, me out of work, and a record of fraud against me, all for £16. So although this is a laughable matter in the forum world, in real life be very carefull who you deal with and never trust royal mail if in fact it ever went missing.
Sorry to hear about your troubles S.E. With hindsight you should have broken a diesel for spares.
BlueBrickSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 17:47   #14
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyericsson View Post
I can't believe Police have become involved for £16. My neighbour ripped me off for £250 and just for following Small Claims Court procedure I was arrested for harrassment!

Always always send everything important by Recorded Delivery, I learned that a long time ago

There would have to be a case against you for you to get a Criminal Record, surely they are not going to prosecute. Whatever you do dont accept a caution because if they try to kid you that accepting a caution is better than going to court they will surely be bluffing, the CPS would throw this out of the window...........

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 18:34   #15
the alarming man
V.O.C MEMBER

is this not a civil matter???...think it is time sony to get a lawyer to start procedings against him...being in possestion of an affensive personality should be a good start...i work for royal mail(not as a postie) and recorded nowadays IS NOT GUARANTEED TO ARRIVE..registered is!!!!
the alarming man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 13:36   #16
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

cheers for that, will make sure I ask for registered not recorded. Police told me they were investigating it, and would be back in touch, already in the process of talking to a lawyer about this, as he has gone too far now. As for selling parts, will only sell stuff to people I know and have dealt with already, and members who have been on here longer than a year, with plenty of posts and imput to the forums. Renco still refuses to communicate, so I must have that on my side.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 20:07   #17
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Good luck with this and don't forget, the majority of peeps on this here forum are straight-up kind-of-guys so you need any help just holler (as our colonial cousins across the pond would say).

C.A.
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 20:14   #18
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Cheers for that, I know most on here are salts of the earth, but it only needs one to ruin it for everyone. Will let you all know what happens.
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 21:53   #19
renco

Default Postie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the alarming man View Post
I work for royal mail (not as a postie)
So you work for the post office do you? Wow, what as a letter sorter, Postie not good enough for you then? Must be a well off sort of sorter 'cos you drive a VOLVO. Wow!!

You asked for that. LOL.

[QUOTE=Sonyericsson]

Sony don't you lay it on thick, real thick. As for slateing the royal mail. The alarming man thinks your still ok. Seems you can do no wrong. Shame your being mislead.

Last edited by renco; Aug 12th, 2009 at 22:07. Reason: quote added.
renco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 21:59   #20
renco

Default Reply as requested.

I got your letter two days ago 10th, and you complain that i ignore you so i am responding. Which is more than you have done since my last polite email enquiry on the 6th and 13th of June. I have found it much better to keep quite with you because you only want to argue. You give me a load of talk about sending me a refund but it never seems to happen does it?
I would have thought that if you had previously sent a refund you would have let me know instead of telling the open forums first, i mean an email is free so why didn't you tell me whenever it was you are supposed to have sent it, as then i would have been expecting it. So don't tell me it's your money as you should know you probably never even sent it in the first place. I feel sure that with four adults in my family they would have informed me that a postal order had arrived whenever, etc.
I wanted to buy that car part at the end of May '09 now it's August '09 and still nothing. You cost me a months car road tax and a months car insurance and mot, that adds up to about £50.00 on top of the purchase price and the excessive postage price, all because of your telling me it will be sent.That's not very good service is it? You was quick to pay my money into your account but not so quick refunding my money back to me. That's not a good way to treat a new customer is it. All i get is promises promises and more promises. Once my cheque cleared into your account you then inform me that you won't now send the part. You didn't even give a proper reason. So you said to all i Will send your money back. I AM STILL WAITING.
If you were a real man you own up and say the truth, and you would then sort it out, and an apology would be nice too. But i realise that i can't expect that of you. Because you can't face up to it that you have wronged me. You just seen to blame me all the while. Yes i was foolish to send money to a stranger but i never expected to get taken for my money on a so called friendly forum site. It is not the done thing to take fellow members money without supplying the part or a refund. No one wants that sort of treatment. It matters not whether they are new or not.
I find it real strange that after 650 plus sales and purchases on an auction site with a100% positive feedback. I have never, not ever had an item go missing through the post maybe luck i don't know. But the one item YOU send to me miraculously goes missing, how strange is that LOL. It can only happen to Sonyericsson.