Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SRS Airbag Service 'URGENT' ???

Views : 1218

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 30th, 2009, 12:50   #1
john0968

Default SRS Airbag Service 'URGENT' ???

I was driving along adjusting the clock on the dash when all of a sudden this warning came up in the message screen 'SRS Airbag Service 'URGENT''

It seems a bit of a coincidence that it came on as I was adjusting the time, so can't work out if it's a genuine warning, or some sort of 'short' in the electrical system. Has anybody had this happen and what was the remidy?? The airbag service isn't due until Apr 2011, and I was thinking that maybe this is related to the fact my 'Cruise Control' stopped working a couple of months back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
john0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 16:46   #2
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

Have a look at the DIM failure posts in the 2000> forum.
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:39   #3
john0968

Got a diagnostics reading done and it showed an intermitant fault with the offside airbag. Cleared the error message and was ok for a couple of days, but then the error popped up again. No other faults were found on the diagnostics machine, and I was told that maybe the sensor under the drivers seat is faulty!! Could this be the problem? as I can't find any other 'Posts' on the forum to give me an idea of what to do to rectify it.
john0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2016, 21:50   #4
PVickers

Default Srs airbag service urgent

iv just bought a v70 2000 reg and all apart from near side mirror would not fold in it was ok. today i needed to pick up a live current and without knowing i had to disonectc the negative side of the battery i removed the air control panel for about 15 mins before putting it all back together. now on my dash left side it reads SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT and the small triangle in the center of dash is lit up. iv been reading loads of posts and loads of ideas but could do with some ideas how i can re set the system so it gos out. new to this forum so any help would be good.another problem but i dont know if its connected to this is when i set the alarm the lights flash but no horn or even if the dog sets it of the lights flash but no horn!!!!
PVickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 02:37   #5
thealchemyst
Master Member

Talking

7 years 7 months! Exhumed this thread lol 💀
If your 2000 onwards you'd be best posting a new thread asking for help on the 2000 onwards section
1995 850 t5 glt estate purple,FK-40mm,stainless exhaust polybushed,wilwood4pot+s60r discs,mbc,019 battery,18" c30 alloys,michelin pilots,silicone hoses,braided brake lines,HID's,ipd track swaybars 25+mpg :0) @Prescott Hillclimb
thealchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote