Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Momentum Pro 2018

Views : 2418

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 9th, 2021, 22:16   #1
Peckerpecks

Default XC60 Momentum Pro 2018

Hi I am hoping somebody can help me as I’m confused over some specification.

I am due to pick this car up in a couple of weeks. Was told it has Park assist there’s some logo on the touch screen. However, it only has rear sensors. I have heard that front sensors can be fitted retrospectively by the dealer and programmed in via VIDA. However when I phoned the dealer they weren’t very forthcoming with help. I’ve seen the official Volvo kit on eBay but now unsure whether this will fit.

I don’t know how it can have this auto park thingy without front sensors?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Peckerpecks; Nov 9th, 2021 at 22:22.
Peckerpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 22:50   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

My advice is forget about park assist it is a total waste of time, front parking sensors are handy but you will only use the park assist once to try it then never ever use it again, it is really far easier and quicker to park the car yourself.
You still have to apply the throttle and brakes and change gear yourself, all park assist does is apply steering and displays a message to say apply brakes, select reverse, apply brakes select forward gear etc, it is slow and it really is a gimmick.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 23:47   #3
Peckerpecks

Hi thanks for the reply I think you’re right about park assist however would still like the front sensors though. We have an extremely tight drive at an angle and also have to park as close as possible to the vehicle in front to get the car on the drive. So just wondering if I can have the front sensors fitted. Forget the park assist bit.
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 09:32   #4
techwatcher
Master Member

I would check the spec with the dealer - it wouldn't be the first time that a dealer has an incorrect spec for a used car.

Ask them to check the factory spec - they can do this using the VIN. If is has either the Xenium Pack (which included Park Assist Pilot and therefore Front Park Assist) or Front Park Assist as a separate extra then the car will have front sensors.

If that's not the case then my understanding is that it is not possible to retrofit the official Volvo front sensors. Available upgrades are listed in the Volvo Accessories catalogue and neither Park Assist Pilot (which would include Front Park Assist) nor Front Park Assist itself are listed.
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 09:56   #5
Peckerpecks

Thank you for that. The dealer is looking into it. On one of the pictures of the screen it shows the park pilot button. However he says it doesn’t have front sensors so I’m even more confused. How can you have park pilot without front sensors? Strange
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 10:43   #6
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckerpecks View Post
Thank you for that. The dealer is looking into it. On one of the pictures of the screen it shows the park pilot button. However he says it doesn’t have front sensors so I’m even more confused. How can you have park pilot without front sensors? Strange
The car cannot have Park Assist Pilot without having front sensors.

But...if the car has Park Assist Pilot then it will also have Front Park Assist (i.e. front sensors). However, in this situation Front Park Assist will not be listed separately on the spec as it is included as part of Park Assist Pilot.
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 12:50   #7
volvo s60 2001

First you said that the dealer told you the car has Park Assist (PA), but actually to make it simple for you they should have said Rear Park Assist, because the car has only rear sensors
and this is only what you have.

Description :

The Park Assist function can assist the driver when manoeuvring in tight spaces by indicating the distance to obstacles through acoustic signals combined with a graphic in the centre display.

So because you have a visual graphic on the centre display, this means you have PA (this is the way Volvo call it)

Park Assist Pilot is a different system. The car park itself (finding space and turning the steering wheel for you) and you only control the brakes and gears. You don't only need front and rear sensors. There are sensors on the side of the rear and front bumper (they are different bumpers than the standards) see the picture below.

You may or may not have rear camera, but I suppose the dealer would have mentioned this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG-20210809-WA0020~2.jpeg (130.6 KB, 21 views)
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 12:59   #8
Peckerpecks

Thanks that makes more sense now. So I’m hoping they can fit front parking sensors for me. I’m not bothered about the park assist pilot to be honest but would really benefit from the front sensors. Basically we are part exchanging our Hyundai Tucson Premium SE which we asked to match the specification of but there are a few bits missing from the Volvo. Some we won’t miss but the front sensors really are a valuable feature for us.
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 13:13   #9
Peckerpecks

Would there be any reason then why I can’t have Volvo sensors fitted to the front?
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 13:49   #10
volvo s60 2001

I couldn't find the front sensors in the accessories shop (best thing is to speak with a dealer) , but I found something which can be useful to you. See the links

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/A...ccessory/30148

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/A...Accessory/7386
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote