Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

unknown cables in boot

Views : 452

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 7th, 2020, 16:19   #1
hollowhoc

Default unknown cables in boot

Hi all, I just bought a V50 wagon and there are a handful of cables in the boot which I am unsure of. Hoping someone here can help me identify them!

The previous owner had a (parrot) bluetooth system wired into the car, and also I'm guessing a dashcam cabled under the roof lining since I can see a mini USB cable hanging out of there, so I wouldnt be surprised if he had some other things fitted in the rear of the car.

Anyway, I lifted up the floor cover in the boot and found what looks like an RCA cable pair and a multi pin flow connector coming up through the floor. Any ideas what these might have been for? Maybe a sub, with the audio coming via RCA and the power via this flow connector? Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flow_cons.jpg (223.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg rca_cons.jpg (370.0 KB, 43 views)
hollowhoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 08:38   #2
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowhoc View Post
Hi all, I just bought a V50 wagon and there are a handful of cables in the boot which I am unsure of. Hoping someone here can help me identify them!

The previous owner had a (parrot) bluetooth system wired into the car, and also I'm guessing a dashcam cabled under the roof lining since I can see a mini USB cable hanging out of there, so I wouldnt be surprised if he had some other things fitted in the rear of the car.

Anyway, I lifted up the floor cover in the boot and found what looks like an RCA cable pair and a multi pin flow connector coming up through the floor. Any ideas what these might have been for? Maybe a sub, with the audio coming via RCA and the power via this flow connector? Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated!
looks like amp witing for a boot mounted sub. there appears to be a fused connector with red and black for power and blue for remote switch on. My guess is the RCAs are tapped of a rear speaker somewhere. If you look in the engine bay, you may see the extra red power cable comnected to the battery.

In some cases dodgey and bad installs will tappower off somewhere in appropriate. hopefully this isn't the case, but if so will need u to trace the wires back into the car.
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lockstock For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 10:45   #3
hollowhoc

Thanks for this lockstock. I have checked and as you suspected, the power comes off a red power cable connected to the battery. I will probably save the boot space for cargo, the onboard sound system is perfectly good without it!
hollowhoc is offline   Reply With Quote