Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My 850R estate

Views : 6271

Replies : 60

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 18:58   #1
bonelorry

Default My 850R estate

As some of you will know i have been giving alot of thought about selling my 850R over the last few weeks and i feel now is the time to let the car go.

Ill be totally honest, I bought the car off a fellow forum member with a view to taking the car to the next level and fitting forged rods, A bigger turbo, Qeef LSD etc etc but sadly as time has gone on i feel the car is just not for me and so im going to give another forum member the chance to carry on where i left off or to simply enjoy the car as it is now.

Heres a few details about the car.....

The car was totally standard at the beginning of 2010 and between then and july 2010 approx £6000 has been spent on the car, A chunk of the money has been spent on brand new uprated items and the rest on replacing pretty much every worn or known problematic part that can go on an 850 with genuine Volvo parts. All of which have either been fitted by MRG Volvo or Tim Williams.

CAR: 1996 Volvo 850R estate, Manual gearbox, Flame red paintwork with black half leather half alacantara interior, Current milage 146k with a new engine fitted just over 50k miles ago by Volvo with reciept to prove.

These are the items which the car has been treated to this year.....Full stage 0, All brand new genuine ignition components including plugs, HT leads, distibutor cap and rotor arm, New genuine MAF, New genuine BCS, New lambda sensor, New uprated vac pipes, All large boost hoses replaced with silicone items, New gear linkage cables, New genuine expansion tank and cap, New Genuine thermostat and coolant temp sensor.

Engine modifications: Again All of which have been carried out this year....B5234T4 engine, TD04-18T turbo with bigger angled exhaust housing, 3" ferrita downpipe with sports cat, Ferrita cat-back exhaust, TWR ported throttle body, Uprated 70mm intercooler with custom fabricated RIP pipework courtesty of TWR, Enlarged turbo to MAF pipework, MTE stage 2 remap, Oil catch tank, M56 gearbox with 850R clutch, Polybushed top engine mount, Polybushed gearbox tie bar, Reinforced engine and subframe mounts.

Suspension: Brand FK dampers with 40mm FK lowering springs, Brand new volvo wishbones which have been polybushed, Brand new Front and rear IPD anti roll bars, Genuine Volvo strut brace.

Brakes: Brand new genuine volvo discs and pads all round with uprgaded 302mm fronts.

Wheels/Tyres: Standard 17" volan alloys with 215/45r17 Kumho ecsta sport tyres.

Interior: Fully stripped out, Non electric 850 front seats and a Racetech 2bar boost gauge.

So in a nutshell the car mechanically wants for nothing and with its current spec is a very capable fast road car that is quick enough to scare some vastly more expensive cars but with the MTE map still remains drivable, Smooth and civilised.

Now for the bad bits.....

The A/C compressor is broken thus no A/C.....Open a window

The car overall for its age is in very good condition infact its probably one of the cleanest 850R estates about IMO, It is HPI clear and the exterior has a few age related stonechips and car park door dings but certainly nothing major I am anal about car cleaning and condition i might add

The main factor which might put people off is that the car has no interior, I stripped everything out apart from the dashboard, The front seats, Centre console and front door cards.

I use this car as my daily driver and the stripped interior doesnt cause any issues with regards to sound although its made a big difference to how responsive the car is, The car is still very quiet on the motorway but at full throttle is noticably louder....Not a bad thing i might add.

The car will come with 12 months MOT for the new owner and the car is taxed until the end of this month but again this can be negotiated.

Bear in mind i payed £3500 for the car not long ago but i have accepted that i will have to price the car accordingly and im looking for....

£2495 ONO

I am open to sensible offers but please dont take the urine, This is an insane amount of car with some desirable and expensive extras. You simply cannot buy totally standard 850R in this condition for this money, So for someone wanting a very well specced car thats wants for nothing minus interior this is it.

Heres some recent pictures of the car....

Last edited by bonelorry; Sep 5th, 2010 at 19:09.
bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 01:34   #2
pauly

Hi, did you bin the interior or is it still available ?.
pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 08:24   #3
bonelorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly View Post
Hi, did you bin the interior or is it still available ?.
Interior has gone, If the new owner should want to refit an interior it would be very easy to locate one from another 850 and it would take about 3 hours to refit it.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 11:07   #4
pauly

Ok, looks like a great car but I'm not confident I could find a good R interior easily and I need a car for family and a couple of german shepherds, tbh I would be bidding you in the nuts to make it worth the hassle of finding and fitting another interior so good luck with the sale.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 11:18   #5
bonelorry

Quote:
Ok, looks like a great car but I'm not confident I could find a good R interior easily and I need a car for family and a couple of german shepherds, tbh I would be bidding you in the nuts to make it worth the hassle of finding and fitting another interior so good luck with the sale.
Thanks anyway, A good R interior might be hard to come by but a full leather from any 850 isnt.

I am open to sensible offers on the car and if it doesnt sell ill simply break the car for spares as a last resort, Im wanting to sell the car as it is as it gives a buyer the chance to buy a 850R like no other on the market.

Good 850R's sell for around £3000 and then you would have to spend a fortune to get it right and to this level of tune, Even minus the interior its a bargain.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 13:23   #6
frobes2
Volvo Mad!

Default Bargain..

I would have to agree, it is an awesome car with a great level of modified genuine parts.. definately unique and I bet it's very fast and driveable!!

Good luck with the sale and I hope it goes as a whole car to someone on one of the forums, if not, and not wanting to sound like a vulture, I would be interested in some of the parts.. Intercooler & pipes, RIP kit, arb's.

I purchased a very good condition R interior for my T-5R for under £100 so there is a possibility of getting one for any potential buyer out there.

Just looked on fleabay and found; I know its not an R but would still do nicely..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tchlink:top:en

Scott..

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=85374

Last edited by frobes2; Sep 6th, 2010 at 13:31.
frobes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frobes2 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 13:48   #7
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

I agree too - thats a good price. I'd want closer to £3500 for mine if I sold it now, so for the sake of a replacement interior thats a good buy. A set of P1 V70R seats went for £200 on eBay a few months ago, so with a set of black/grey 850 door cards you'd be set.

Why you selling it bones?
The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 13:59   #8
bonelorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
I agree too - thats a good price. I'd want closer to £3500 for mine if I sold it now, so for the sake of a replacement interior thats a good buy. A set of P1 V70R seats went for £200 on eBay a few months ago, so with a set of black/grey 850 door cards you'd be set.

Why you selling it bones?
You hit the nail on the head regarding the interior, I am selling because i originally had big plans for the car and wanted to take the car to the next level by fitting forged rods, A quaiffe LSD etc etc

Sadly as time has gone on ive decided the car isnt for me and not to go any further, Its my 4th modified Volvo and i feel its time to go down a different avenue.

Its a shame as ill never find another 850R like this should i ever change my mind....
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 14:03   #9
pauly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonelorry View Post
Thanks anyway, A good R interior might be hard to come by but a full leather from any 850 isnt.

I am open to sensible offers on the car and if it doesnt sell ill simply break the car for spares as a last resort, Im wanting to sell the car as it is as it gives a buyer the chance to buy a 850R like no other on the market.

Good 850R's sell for around £3000 and then you would have to spend a fortune to get it right and to this level of tune, Even minus the interior its a bargain.

If it comes down to the breaking it option try me before you do it and I'll think of an excuse for her indoors as to why I bought a 2 seater estate :-), no point in talking about money yet as someone may buy it for 2.5k first.
What's the full story with the new engine ?.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 14:15   #10
bonelorry

Quote:
If it comes down to the breaking it option try me before you do it and I'll think of an excuse for her indoors as to why I bought a 2 seater estate :-), no point in talking about money yet as someone may buy it for 2.5k first.
What's the full story with the new engine ?.
No worries,

There is a reciept in the paperwork from a volvo dealer, In the notes it just said investigate noise on engine and then that unit was replaced at 93k miles.

Theres a little plaque on the cambelt cover with the new engine details on and a bill for about £3000 for the Volvo replacement unit.