Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Got my car serviced middle of december - not impressed

Views : 823

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 15:52   #1
volvobuyer10

Default Got my car serviced middle of december - not impressed

I got my car serviced at an lpg garage mid december after I managed to break my switch over button. Anyway after leaving I found he has fished through my car and taken the circuit board out and the botton. He has invoiced me 62.00 for a new switch. Must add this has still not come in the post either! My guess is he is going to try fix my switch but charge me the full wack for a new one?

Surly he should not have taken it out of my car as I had already disconnected it and put it away in my glove box ready for the new one going in.
volvobuyer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 15:22   #2
Joe Harding
Premier Member

Default Diy

Come on, repairing a switch isn't rocket science. Do it yourself, you run the risk of breaking it entirely, in which case you buy another. But then you might even get it working. £60 is £60 you could spend on a meal out.

Then there's the service: Oil change. Let old oil out- up your sleeve, down the drive and a little in the container. Fuel filter change ; unscrew old, rescrew new. Oil filter - ditto, but more oil up your sleeve. Check tyres, inspect brakes, brake fluid, steering fluid levels, washer fluid etc.

Whilst you're inspecting the brakes, have a shufti around the wheel arches for corrosion, things hanging down, brake cylinders or calipers weeping. Check your disc wear. Remove air filter and if it's disgusting replace it, or blow it with an airline if it's ok. Clean, check and inspect most things you can think of.

You will get to know your car better, and will be able to monitor wear and tear. And you will save hundreds of pounds.

And with your new found experience, you will be able to contribute to this website.

Good luck!

Last edited by Joe Harding; Jan 4th, 2011 at 15:29.
Joe Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 15:37   #3
johnnyv70
Master Member

well said Joe...good advice for any volvo owner ,(age permitting that is ),lol

john
johnnyv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 08:41   #4
Joe Harding
Premier Member

Smile

Ah! So that's how 'Senior Members' get their classification! Nothing to do with experience...
Joe Harding is offline   Reply With Quote