Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

760 saloon aerial

Views : 226

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2019, 07:24   #1
boothy

Default 760 saloon aerial

i am looking for a electric aerial for my 760 saloon in good condition can anyone help thanks
boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2019, 11:54   #2
tofufi
Premier Member

I've got one, but the mast has been snapped off.

The masts are replaceable, see here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362556399261

So if mine is any use just let me know
tofufi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tofufi For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2019, 13:30   #3
bob12
bob12

I get my electric aerial masts for my 745 from these guys on ebay. I have found them to provide excellent speedy dispatch/well boxed with instructions (should you need them) and the saloon is a little cheaper at £11.95inc p&p:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-850...item51863fc64d

Bob.
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 06:56   #4
boothy

what sort of job is it to fit a new mast this might be the answer thanks
boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 11:27   #5
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothy View Post
what sort of job is it to fit a new mast this might be the answer thanks
Easy if no complications - fit the motor assembly and plug into the wiring loom.

Unscrew the outside cap where the aerial has broken off to reveal where the aerial fits into the tube. Switch on and pull gently on the broken bit until the lot feds out (nylon drive cogs and all, see Brookhouse aerial pic). Then you feed the new one back down the aerial tube until until the cogs on the motor drive engage with those on the aerial and it winds itself back in ... hopefully.

This is not a precise guide, but it is what you should expect to be happening.

Depending on how long the broken one has been in situ you may find that the bass springy bit at the base of the aerial does not fit down the fixed aerial tube! That means that the old one is still stuck inside the tube.

You may well find that it is impossible to get it out so you will have to drill it out with a steady hand and a 10mm drill bit. You don't want to damage the side or enlarge the fixed aerial tube.

It is very difficult to see if there are the remains of an old aerial in the tube, however, a 10mm drill bit should fit inside the fixed aerial tube if all the old aerial is out.

The Brookhouse one comes with a very useful set of instructions if you haven't done it before!

Bob
The Following User Says Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 20:49   #6
bob12
bob12

'Brooklandmotorfactors' not 'Brookhouse' ... two entirely different animals!! Bob