Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Two more quick questions on MY10 XC90

Views : 1382

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:37   #1
lordlichfield

Default Two more quick questions on MY10 XC90

I'm a step closer to getting the XC90 .

But two more quickies:

1. Is anyone with a late model XC90 diesel auto having any issues with the diesel particulate filter? Our driving will be short journeys (mainly school run and shopping) and I don't fancy having to go on the motorway on a regular basis if the filter requires regenerating.
2. Are these good (main dealer) prices for the following:

Front park assist - Ł465.29 (fitted)
Detachable 13 pin towbar - Ł653.79 (fitted)

I also forgot to add - I have been told (by the salesman) that new XC90's (diesel) will now have a 209PS engine - can anyone confirm?

Thanks
lordlichfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 13:21   #2
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlichfield View Post

I also forgot to add - I have been told (by the salesman) that new XC90's (diesel) will now have a 209PS engine - can anyone confirm?

Thanks
The new twin scroll D5 does not fit in the current shape XC90 so perhaps he was refering to the XC60?
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 13:25   #3
gillberry
VOC Member

You can get a performance upgrade from volvo .

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
gillberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 17:49   #4
ronald9546

Default xc 90 particulate filter

Having problem with particulate filter now and volvo dealer will not tell how long or how to service same-wish to do it myself.Dont know whether it will run without as again they will not devolge.Roll on when its done soI can trade in.XC90 nothing but trouble. 55 plate. If going for new car get extras fitted free or go somewere else buddy
ronald9546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 20:00   #5
chrome

Front Park assist is same as I paid. However if you have the silver front as the R design Be careful how they match the colour. Mine was not good and now the paint is peeling off. It is being sorted however, but of course its inconvenient.
chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 09:09   #6
wadhurstdaisy

Until recently my daily commute was school run of 3 miles each way, twice a day. This usually had a 10 - 15 min break between each school journey so engine was going through its cold start process.

Roughly twice a week I'd travel to the nearest town approx 10 miles away.

Roughly once a month I'd travel to inlaws approx 80 miles away.

During this time I never had an issue with DPF however fuel consumption (excluding long journey) was little better than 28mpg according to dashboard.

My daily school run commute has now increased to 11 miles each way, again with a 10 -15 min break between each journey. Fuel consumption improved to 34mpg on very worn tyres and now 31 - 32 mpg on brand new tyres.

My 3 year old XC90 has now done 41,500 miles from new on Shell or Shell Optimax for 99.9% of the time and premium diesel from BP, Total etc when Shell not available, NEVER on supermarket diesel.

Hope the above helps.
wadhurstdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 12:37   #7
chf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadhurstdaisy View Post
Until recently my daily commute was school run of 3 miles each way, twice a day. This usually had a 10 - 15 min break between each school journey so engine was going through its cold start process.

Roughly twice a week I'd travel to the nearest town approx 10 miles away.

Roughly once a month I'd travel to inlaws approx 80 miles away.

During this time I never had an issue with DPF however fuel consumption (excluding long journey) was little better than 28mpg according to dashboard.

My daily school run commute has now increased to 11 miles each way, again with a 10 -15 min break between each journey. Fuel consumption improved to 34mpg on very worn tyres and now 31 - 32 mpg on brand new tyres.

My 3 year old XC90 has now done 41,500 miles from new on Shell or Shell Optimax for 99.9% of the time and premium diesel from BP, Total etc when Shell not available, NEVER on supermarket diesel.

Hope the above helps.
On what model year have they added the DPF ? Currently have a 53reg but changing to a 56reg (07 model). Would I notice a difference in consumption (assuming the replacement has a DPF) ?
chf is offline   Reply With Quote